EVGA GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,
I just finished my first Hackintosh build in a long time, and for the most part it went swimmingly well. Everything worked great using Alfa's excellent article here. I even have my Promise Pegasus R4 up and working. The one issue that remains is that I'm seeing really slow performance from my Mushkin 120GB SSD (MKNSSDCR120GB). It is rated to achieve 500+MB/sec on both read and writes.

I am seeing the following numbers from BlackMagic Disk Speed Test. I tried running the Aja benchmark as well, but it won't even run against my SSD drive for some reason. I am getting slightly better performance out of my RAID 0 1TB drive. Here is the system profiler page for my drive. I've verified that I am indeed connected to the SATA3 port on the motherboard, and I've verified that ACHI is enabled in the BIOS.

Unibeast was also set to install third party SATA3. I even ran it again and checked Trim Support and checked third party SATA3 again just for good measure. It made no difference.

Is there something I'm missing? Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

Some hdd or ssd dont do well with benchmark apps that uses incompressible data for testing. This could be the reason why you are seeing low scores.

Do a search on the forum or the web for incompressible data benchmarks and you may well see how your ssd stack up against others.

Thanks Zulutribes, that helps a lot. It all makes sense now. I'm going to try and get Windows 7 installed this weekend and run the ATTO benchmark to see what happens.

Some hdd or ssd dont do well with benchmark apps that uses incompressible data for testing. This could be the reason why you are seeing low scores.

Do a search on the forum or the web for incompressible data benchmarks and you may well see how your ssd stack up against others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back