CPU
i9-13900KF
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! I was just wondering if there is a way to get the multitouch touchpad to be recognized by the app SimpleTouchTool. I have seen that it helped give 2008 model MBP's full gestures. I have tried, but all I get is that our trackpad is not recognized as multitouch. Maybe this app might be the key to enabling gestures if Apple's software won't recognize it.

Btw, I was trying this out in Lion. I haven't tried it in Snow Leopard yet.

First, I think we only have a touchpad which supports 3 finger gestures. But I would love to get that.

Can anyone load the full trackpad suite and windows and see what limitations we have?

But I think any additional gestures would need to be coded into our appleps2controller. Which would require an actual developer to do.

Not sure who all here would fall in this category.

That essentially is a conversation tony and I once had.

blueking said:
First, I think we only have a touchpad which supports 3 finger gestures. But I would love to get that.

Can anyone load the full trackpad suite and windows and see what limitations we have?

But I think any additional gestures would need to be coded into our appleps2controller. Which would require an actual developer to do.

Not sure who all here would fall in this category.

That essentially is a conversation tony and I once had.

Thanks for the explanation.
First, the app does support various gestures. Two, three, and four-finger type stuff. I am not sure if that helps.

Second, I don't know what you would mean to load the full trackpad suite in Windows? Does that mean install it and see what I can get by doing that? Is this the same software from the HP support site? I installed all the drivers I could find from the HP website for trackpad support and the closest thing I have to a gesture is two-finger scrolling. Does that sound right?

Third, I am not a developer so I don't think I could help with that last part.

That makes sense. I uninstalled all trackpad software, restarted, and then reinstalled the software and now my pinch zoom in/out works. So windows definitely recognizes 3 fingers

Alright guys, I think then we need to hope someone on here is a dev. Other then that, we're pretty much toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back