gtx580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody!

I´m trying to setup a watercooled Hackintosh with 6 GTX 580 3GB GPUs.
The hardware seems to be working properly.
The system works and all the cards are shown in Windows 7.

I tried all cards separately before and each worked without a problem on OS X.

When i run the system with Maverick 10.9.2 with all 6 cards installed
the card to which the display is connected will only work in 1280x1024 as a generic Display without any hardware acceleration.
Only 4 cards are shown in System Information.
Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 5.55.27 PM.png

Bootflags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1
Mainboard: Asus P9X79-e WS
I tried with the original Drivers of 10.9.2 and with the nvidia web drivers 331.01.01f02

Any idea how to make all cards available to OS X? Is it possible to make the card the display is attached to a priority. So i could at least get hardware accleeration for my main card?

Thanks for your help.

I almost wonder if there is a limit on the amount of supported graphics cards. I would strip it down to one card, and keep adding cards and see what happens at what point. I know this doesn't help you much if there is an actual limit but it will set you on the right path.

Thanks for your suggestion. Because all cards are already converted to be one-slot and watercooled it would be very time consuming to try this and if i converted them back to air i could only fit maximum four cards in the mainboard because the cards would then consume at least 2 slots each.
Can anyone confirm if there´s a limit for GPUs in OS X Maverick? Any other ideas or experience with a similar setup? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back