CPU
Intel Coffee Lake i5-8400 -- Intel Ice Lake i7-1065G7
Graphics
AMD RX480 8GB -- Intel Iris Plus G7
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm reading that lot of people with Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti and similar has the second monitor "not working"
After update I used the 6.3.1 with GraphicsEnabler=No and without system definition, previously I was MacPro
Should I use the onboard VGA or is there a solutions? Thank you very much in advance (please reply me, I know I'm a bad English speaking but I really need the second monitor to work with Premiere)

I'm running a multiple monitor setup with my 650 Ti cards through dual view, dual-link IOGear KVM switch with no problems.

BTW, VGA is not natively supported in OS X.

Great, this is a good solution, I was thinking to swith down to the embedded VGA Intel card peraphs is better to buy a DVI KVM like the IOGear
Let me ask you something more:
- do you think there will be a solution in the next days to use VGA port like I was doing natively with the 10.9.2?
- should I look for a specific brand or all the KVM works with OS X?
- if the DVI port is running why I couldn't use the HDMI for the first monitor and the DVI port for the second monitor?
Thank you in advance :)

...Let me ask you something more:
- do you think there will be a solution in the next days to use VGA port like I was doing natively with the 10.9.2?
You must have been using a graphics card VGA port, not the motherboard VGA port. Some graphics cards' VGA port do work, but it can not be relied upon to continue to work with updates.

- should I look for a specific brand or all the KVM works with OS X?
I've found the IOGear work well. I have used Belkin KVMs and wound up selling them - IMO, they are not as good as IOGear's KVM products.

- if the DVI port is running why I couldn't use the HDMI for the first monitor and the DVI port for the second monitor?
That will be tough to do using a traditional KVM DVI/USB switch. I use both of my 650 Ti's DVI connections into my dual view/dual-link IOGear 1644 KVM switch. However (this might be good news for you), before I got the dual view/dual-link KVM switch, I was using an IOGear KVM switch designed for only using one monitor. To use the second monitor, I use HDMI connections on the monitor, and I used this HDMI switch with the IOGear KVM switch:

IOGEAR 4-Port DVI KVMP Switch with Audio and 4-USB 2.0, DVI-D KVM Cables GCS1104
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RCTNKW/

SANOXY® HDMI 5x1 5 Port Switch/Switcher with IR Remote Support 3D
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00264NZWS/

I also got a two pack of good HDMI cables:

AmazonBasics 2-Pack High-Speed HDMI Cables Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return, 6.5 feet
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052SCU8U/

So, using the IOGear 1104 and the HDMI switch, I was able to run two monitors until I could afford to get a IOGear 1644 (from eBay at a very good price - you have to watch a long time for good deals on eBay).

Thank you for all the precious informations
I was also reading that sameone solve this issue just downgrading the NVIDIA kext
I was not able to do it so I use the Multibeast 6.2 and now I have 2 monitors working but no audio
Do you know if is there a way to only update the audio? I was trying with 6.3.1 selecting only audio but it doesn't work
Do you know how to do it? Just last attempt before invest the money in the KVM :)
Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back