Contribute
Register

Multiple issues using GA-Z77X-UD5H with i5 3570.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR system make and model # > See Rules!
CPU
I5-3570
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I asked one of the mods that uses this board for help with this but thought I should post here incase others are having my issues or know how to rectify them.

Note: This is my first build and i'm a noob, so sorry in advance if these are silly/easily solved issues.

Im my build I used
2 x 64gb Samsung 830 SSD's
GA-Z77X-YD5H
Intel Core i5 3570
Geil 16gb dual channel Ram
Corsair HX650W

Im just using the onboard HD4000 video in the interim until I can get my hands on the Gigabyte HD 6850 or 70. In Australia they seem to be very hard to get as they are discontinued everywhere look.

*I have this flickering in any moving image or video.
*No Audio - I have tried to look at what others have done and cannot get it working.
*I think, when the screen sleeps or screen saver comes on, the screen goes white with a small block. Somethings not right there.
*When I shut down, it restarts
*When i put a usb stick into the front USB ports the OS freezes, but if I boot with the USB in, all is fine.

I havent yet updated the BIOS because 1, I dont know how on a Mac 2, I can get my Windows SSD to boot. Bootmgr missing and the Gigabyte bios updates are .exe's.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if its just sh!t I have done wrong in multibeast. I was very unsure of what I was doing when i got to that step of the install.

Also, one of the threads I read about solving one of my issues referred to a chameleon wizard or something... I cannot find this mystery app anywhere.

Hi Guys,

I asked one of the mods that uses this board for help with this but thought I should post here incase others are having my issues or know how to rectify them.

Note: This is my first build and i'm a noob, so sorry in advance if these are silly/easily solved issues.

Im my build I used
2 x 64gb Samsung 830 SSD's
GA-Z77X-YD5H
Intel Core i5 3570
Geil 16gb dual channel Ram
Corsair HX650W

Im just using the onboard HD4000 video in the interim until I can get my hands on the Gigabyte HD 6850 or 70. In Australia they seem to be very hard to get as they are discontinued everywhere look.

*I have this flickering in any moving image or video.
*No Audio - I have tried to look at what others have done and cannot get it working.
*I think, when the screen sleeps or screen saver comes on, the screen goes white with a small block. Somethings not right there.
*When I shut down, it restarts
*When i put a usb stick into the front USB ports the OS freezes, but if I boot with the USB in, all is fine.

I havent yet updated the BIOS because 1, I dont know how on a Mac 2, I can get my Windows SSD to boot. Bootmgr missing and the Gigabyte bios updates are .exe's.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if its just sh!t I have done wrong in multibeast. I was very unsure of what I was doing when i got to that step of the install.

Also, one of the threads I read about solving one of my issues referred to a chameleon wizard or something... I cannot find this mystery app anywhere.

I will try to help you out.

VIDEO:

Your Sleep Graphic related issues are because you have not properly loaded the HD4000 kexts.

1. make sure your using Chimera 1.11
2. Set your UEFI/Bios to integrated and to use 64mb of vram
3. Make sure to use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"

Then video should be working

AUDIO:

In multibeast select:
Unified Device Injector>ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898

audio will now work

Restart Fix:
Disable "wake for Lan" in the UEFI/BIOS

And there is a good post on setting the UEFI/BIOS up for proper USB support but I cant seem to find it anymore? and I can't remember the exact settings without rebooting and looking (witch I can't do at the moment) it was started by "thelostswede" in the lion section, maybe another member can point you to it.

hope this helps.

@taumaz: i Have same config and using same settings to get things working. Is sleep working for you ? Mine does not, it is auto-wakeing up no matter what. WOL is disabled.

AUDIO:

In multibeast select:
Unified Device Injector>ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898

audio will now work

Hi,

Does this make all the ports work ? Or just the orange one, I have Z77X-UD5H I only used Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898 and the sound is coming only from the orange port.

Thank you !

yup. orange and black only

Ok thank you,

Anyway to make the mic work ?

Never cared about the mic, but I suppose one of the ports should work. Just make sure that in Sound > Input, you have the correct input selected.

Ill give it a try thanks

Hi,

Does this make all the ports work ? Or just the orange one, I have Z77X-UD5H I only used Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC898 and the sound is coming only from the orange port.

Thank you !

as already posted, orange and black only, but my mic port works as well.

@taumaz: i Have same config and using same settings to get things working. Is sleep working for you ? Mine does not, it is auto-wakeing up no matter what. WOL is disabled.

that is strange? sleep works for me? the only issue i have with sleep is my moniter does not wake with the computer, but pressing the power button on my tower quickly will allow the moniter to wake.

i have been busy and not had anytime to start to trouble shoot this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back