Motherboard
Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone, my current build using Clover is set up so that two APFS boot volumes share the same EFI (one drive). This has worked flawlessly for a few years now, providing more separation for two different users than user accounts in the same installation would. Will I have any problems settings this up with OpenCore? Thanks!

I have 2 different SSD's, one with release version of macOS the other has public beta of macOS, both boot off of the same EFI on SSD #1.

No you won't have issues running two different versions of macOS with a single OC EFI folder.

All that you need to make sure of is that the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion are set for the oldest version of macOS you are using.

Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 15.04.14.png Table showing values to be used for APFS systems

Big Sur and Monterey don't need these values to be changed. They both work with the '0' values that you find populated in the OC Sample.plist, which you need to use to create your custom config.plist.

Versions prior to High Sierra don't use the APFS format, so these settings have no bearing on those versions of macOS.

No you won't have issues running two different versions of macOS with a single OC EFI folder.

All that you need to make sure of is that the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion are set for the oldest version of macOS you are using.

View attachment 541342 Table showing values to be used for APFS systems

Big Sur and Monterey don't need these values to be changed. They both work with the '0' values that you find populated in the OC Sample.plist, which you need to use to create your custom config.plist.

Versions prior to High Sierra don't use the APFS format, so these settings have no bearing on those versions of macOS.
Thanks! Both installations will be Big Sur, it’s just for two different users that need to be completely separate.

That being the case just leave the MinDate and MinVersion entries as '0'. No need to change these options as they will be using the same version of the APFS driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back