Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'll jump on here and ask the question that is kind of the obvious extension:

I have a windoze 10 tower, and all of the hardware is compatable for a build. I add a new SSD and use Multibeast to install a fresh OSX install onto the SSD. At that point, when I do the Multibeast post-installation can I simply add the existing windoze drive to the list of boot choices? All of the Multibeast docs seem to assume you are installing a new windoze system as well - I'm GUESSING that you can just pick up the existing install, but it's not 100% stated as such.

Thanks!

First run msinfo32.exe and determine if Windows is installed Legacy or UEFI. After installing Mac OS on the separate drive, install Clover boot loader to match - if Windows is Legacy, install Clover Legacy; if Windows is UEFI, install Clover UEFI.
Make the Mac OS drive first in BBS boot order in the BIOS/UEFI. Windows can be booted from Clover just as Mac OS can by selecting the correct icon at the Clover screen.

First run msinfo32.exe and determine if Windows is installed Legacy or UEFI. After installing Mac OS on the separate drive, install Clover boot loader to match - if Windows is Legacy, install Clover Legacy; if Windows is UEFI, install Clover UEFI.
Make the Mac OS drive first in BBS boot order in the BIOS/UEFI. Windows can be booted from Clover just as Mac OS can by selecting the correct icon at the Clover screen.

I have the same question as the OP, I have tried and tried and tried to boot windows from Clover and all I can get to come up is the recovery menu (start up repair, reinstall windows, advanced options, etc. etc.). My windows install is uefi, GUID Partition map, and NTFS format. From the recovery menu if I choose "exit and continue to windows 10" it just reboots and goes back to clover. I can still boot into windows by changing my bios settings back to normal and choosing the windows boot manager as the main boot device. Have any advice?

I have the same question as the OP, I have tried and tried and tried to boot windows from Clover and all I can get to come up is the recovery menu (start up repair, reinstall windows, advanced options, etc. etc.). My windows install is uefi, GUID Partition map, and NTFS format. From the recovery menu if I choose "exit and continue to windows 10" it just reboots and goes back to clover. I can still boot into windows by changing my bios settings back to normal and choosing the windows boot manager as the main boot device. Have any advice?

Well I solved my problem, I selected advanced options and booted in safe mode and it actually booted instead of restarting. I restarted the computer again and selected the same option to boot windows and it booted like normal.

Clear, concise, accurate - thanks much!

I'll jump on here and ask the question that is kind of the obvious extension:

I have a windoze 10 tower, and all of the hardware is compatable for a build. I add a new SSD and use Multibeast to install a fresh OSX install onto the SSD. At that point, when I do the Multibeast post-installation can I simply add the existing windoze drive to the list of boot choices? All of the Multibeast docs seem to assume you are installing a new windoze system as well - I'm GUESSING that you can just pick up the existing install, but it's not 100% stated as such.

Thanks!

Hey guys, this was actually also my question. Thanks for mentioning this. So I will just tidy up my Win-SSD and attach an OS X SSD. Hope it all works well, wish me well. I'm kinda excited.

Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back