Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77 Pro3
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660
I have El Cap and Sierra installed in 2 different disks, legacy mode.
There are 2 EFI partitions and so 2 different clover installs.

Via bios i select to boot from the Sierra hd, but El Cap clover copy is loaded instead.
From what i understand this is the normal clover behaviour (the clover boot code just search for the first EFI partition and boot from there).

- I checked to see if hd boot priorities in bios could fix this with no success.
- Ofc if i physically disconnect El Cap disk, Sierra clover copy is loader correctly.

Is there a way to fix this?

Do you have a USB emergency boot stick that will boot both of your installs? If yes, try boot El Cap, mount El Cap drive EFI partition, copy EFI folder to desktop as a backup. Delete the folder from EFI partition, reboot. If your Sierra EFI does not boot, select the Sierra drive as first in BBS boot order and try again.
At Clover screen you should see both drives. Does the El Cap drive boot from the Sierra Clover screen?

Do you have a USB emergency boot stick that will boot both of your installs? If yes, try boot El Cap, mount El Cap drive EFI partition, copy EFI folder to desktop as a backup. Delete the folder from EFI partition, reboot. If your Sierra EFI does not boot, select the Sierra drive as first in BBS boot order and try again.
I will try tomorrow, my guess is that the MBR from Sierra will load the PBR from El Cap and crash not finding the files.

At Clover screen you should see both drives. Does the El Cap drive boot from the Sierra Clover screen?
Atm i can tell you that the Unibeast/Sierra USB can boot them all (ofc with no audio etc.)
The priority seems something like that:

- USB stick with Clover version 4***
- SATA_1 connector with El Cap and Clover 3***
- SATA_4 connector with Sierra and Clover 4***

- If the USB stick is connected, booting from SATA_1/4 end to Clover 4*** in the USB
- Removing the USB stick end always booting with Clover 3*** on El Cap
- Disconnecting SATA_1 finally end with Clover 4*** on Sierra disk

My idea was to keep different Clover copies for testing (and in some way i can achieve this with USB).

You were right!

I renamed to _EFI the directory on El Cap disk, and i'm able to load Clover4->Sierra.
Renaming back to EFI restore the previous behaviour and i can boot Clover3->El Cap.

Do you think there is some Clover configuration parameter that can fix this in a more clean way?

You were right!

I renamed to _EFI the directory on El Cap disk, and i'm able to load Clover4->Sierra.
Renaming back to EFI restore the previous behaviour and i can boot Clover3->El Cap.

Do you think there is some Clover configuration parameter that can fix this in a more clean way?
No idea, see Clover Wiki pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back