Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
Graphics
GT 740
I know I don't have a p55 mobo but had some success using the guide
to install 10.6 and then update to 10.6.3. Since there were no profiles for my GA-EP45-UD3R
in Gigabeast I chose the Easybeast option. But now I have no sound, or USB. How do I go about enabling those?? I'm very close to haviing a fully working hackintosh!!

Thanks for helping,
JB

OK I seem to be up and running. I did a reinstall and using the guide and this time I selected easybeast and later added the proper audio kext. So now I've got 10.6.3 installed, it boots and both audio and USB are working. I have a few other questions

1. Are there any other kexts that I need to install ensure 10.6.3 stability??
2. How can I tell if my NVIDIA 9800 GT (512) is properly patched for use with 10.6.3 & Quartz Extreme??
3. The info in my "About This Mac" pane is wrong. It has the processor speed correct but lists my CPU as Core i5. Also under the more info pane it list my machine as an iMac. How do I go about getting the correct info displayed?
4. I'm using iStat Pro to monitor CPU temps and it show's idle temps that are 10 degrees (celsius) higher than what I was getting when I setup and stress tested the overclock in windows XP. Is this normal?? Do I need to take the clock down a bit because 10.6.3 will make the cores runner hotter than windows XP?? I don't want to damage my processor.

Any advice or suggestions GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
jb

i have the same board as you and i was wondering if you could tell me what settings you used in Easybeast for it.

System: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
CPU: Intel Q9550
Graphics: NVIDIA 9800 GT (512)

1. Are there any other kexts that I need to install ensure 10.6.3 is working fully on my configuration??
I have a pre-edited DSDT for that board that you can use. Then you can use the UserDSDT option in MultiBeast. That would leave you with the minimal number of kexts. Copy/paste your current /Extra folder and place it on desktop. Delete your /Extra folder. Download this DSDT: Public/DSDT-GA-EP45-UD3R-F11.aml

Rename it to DSDT.aml, place on desktop and run MultiBeast. Choose UserDSDT and System Utilities. Then reboot from hard drive.

2. How can I tell if my NVIDIA 9800 GT (512) is properly patched for use with 10.6.3 & Quartz Extreme??
If you open Dashboard and add a widget- you should see ripples- then you know that you have QE/CI

3. The info in my "About This Mac" pane is wrong. It has the processor speed (3.6) correct but lists my CPU as Core i5. Also under the more info pane it lists my machine as an iMac. How do I go about getting the correct info displayed?
Install MacPro4,1 smbios.plist to make it say Mac Pro. By default I've set up iBoot's plist to reflect the i5.

4. I'm using iStat Pro to monitor CPU temps and it show's idle temps that are 10 degrees (celsius) higher than what I was getting when I setup and stress tested the overclock in windows XP. Is this normal?? Do I need to take the clock down a bit because 10.6.3 will make the cores runner hotter than windows XP?? I don't want to damage my processor.
If you run UserDSDT like I said, you should have OS X native power management and you'll see lower temps by 10 deg.

Hope this helps :mrgreen:

knightrush said:
i have the same board as you and i was wondering if you could tell me what settings you used in Easybeast for it.

Easy Beast is called easy for a reason. There really are only 2 options.
Supported and unsupported CPU's I checked both. But make sure to follow the guide exactly and also check utilities. That seems to make a difference. Good Luck,
I'll be trying Tony's suggestions below later today and hopefully will be running at 100%.
Thanks for all your help tony!!

jbarish said:
knightrush said:

Supported and unsupported CPU's I checked both. But make sure to follow the guide exactly and also check utilities. That seems to make a difference. Good Luck,
I'll be trying Tony's suggestions below later today and hopefully will be running at 100%.

ok thanks but can you tell me which audio and usb kext you used?

knightrush said:
jbarish said:
knightrush said:

ok thanks but can you tell me which audio and usb kext you used?

I used the second voodoo audio kext. I believe it's the newest of the 2.
As for USB, it was working after I reinstalled again making sure to follow the guide exactly. Nothing extra was needed after that for USB.

Good Luck,
jb

Ok, progress is being made. As Tony suggested, I used the dsdt he linked to with multibeast. I'm up and running and my NVIDIA 9800 GT (512) is getting the ripple when adding widgets. The issue I'm having now is that using the FW port on my Gigabyte with an external HD yields transfer rates of 24-25 bytes a second but transferring the same file on a macbook pro yields transfer rates of 40-41 bytes a second. I do notice when the Hackintosh boots up it does state that "Firewire unable to determine security mode. defaulting to full secure mode". I thought this slow FW bandwidth issue had been resolved in Chameleon. What can I do to get the proper transfer rates working??

Thanks Again,
jb

jbarish

can you plug your speakers for your computer into the on board sound card and get get sound or do you have to plug them into the headphones port on the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back