Contribute
Register

MultiBeast: The following packages are no longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have installed Mojave in my system using the latest version of MultiBeast for the time. I upgraded to Catalina and now upgraded MultiBeast to version 12.1.0-2 (the latest one for now).

Loading the .mb file I get this message:
The following packages are no longer available in this version of MultiBeast. Check to see if they have been renamed or replaced.
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
1588071079426.png

What should I do? Make a new Install without selecting:
Drivers > Misc > VirtualSMC
Drivers > Misc > VirtualSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > HWMonitorSMC2 HWMonitor Application

Or should I install those and remove the FakeSMC? In this case, how? (anyway I would be curios how to do it even if I should not do it)

Thank you for your support!

Would be best if you read the first thread in this forum.

@trs96 thanks, I have read it and also posted on it. During the update from Mojave to Catalina instead of using MultiBeast 12 I have updated the kexts and then I have moved them to the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and then I have kextcache. Should I use MultiBeast anyway? And in this case should I select VirtualSMC and remove the FakeSMC?
Thanks

@trs96 thanks, I have read it and also posted on it. During the update from Mojave to Catalina instead of using MultiBeast 12 I have updated the kexts and then I have moved them to the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and then I have kextcache. Should I use MultiBeast anyway? And in this case should I select VirtualSMC and remove the FakeSMC?
Thanks
If you moved them already, why run Multibeast ? Either do the whole process manually or use Multibeast and delete FakeSMC and related kexts from /L/E.

If you moved them already, why run Multibeast ? Either do the whole process manually or use Multibeast and delete FakeSMC and related kexts from /L/E.
Because I was following this guide to solve a crash of Final Cut Pro with both RX580 and iGPU enabled. In that guide it says:
1) Install with the Last Multibeast (For 10.14.4, please use Multibeast 11.1.0)
2) Select in Graphics the Patch AKA WhatEvergreen and Only That !!!!
But in my Multibeast install I have "Inject ATI" enabled and not "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen"
So I thought to install again with Multibeast changing changing "Inject ATI" to disabled and "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" to enabled
Is it a bad idea?

Is it a bad idea?
A good idea to use WEG instead of Inject ATI. You must have the latest Lilu kext installed as well. For Catalina both go into the kexts/other folder. It's not really complicated.

A good idea to use WEG instead of Inject ATI. You must have the latest Lilu kext installed as well. For Catalina both go into the kexts/other folder. It's not really complicated.
1) So your advice is to run MultiBeast and use "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" enabled and "Inject ATI"?
2) And what about the FakeSMC? Should I select VirtualSMC in MultiBeast and then remove FakeSMC from the kext folders and then recache?

1) So your advice is to run MultiBeast and use "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" enabled and "Inject ATI"?
2) And what about the FakeSMC? Should I select VirtualSMC in MultiBeast and then remove FakeSMC from the kext folders and then recache?
or edit your config.plist with xcode or PlistEditPro to disable Inject ATI

use "Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" enabled and "Inject ATI"?
Don't need Inject ATI with a 580.
Should I select VirtualSMC in MultiBeast and then remove FakeSMC from the kext folders and then recache?
Fine. When kexts go into the kexts/other folder on the EFI partition it's simply drag and drop. You don't need Multibeast to do that. You can use it for that purpose if you'd like to.

"Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen" in MultiBeast means to install WhateverGreen.kext and nothing more?
or edit your config.plist with xcode or PlistEditPro to disable Inject ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back