Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i3 > Need Model > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 210
Hi everybody,

I'm almost done.

I had to change my mobo and now I have 10.6.8 running perfectly on another HDD. It's a blank install.

I would like to run my main system but I can't run Multibeast on it.
I tried to connect it through USB but the new install don't recognize the old system. Just recognize it by Sata port but that doesnt work for use multibeast targeting on it.

What can i do now? I really want my old system running with 10.6.8

Old mobo z68ma-d2h-b3
New mobo z77-ds3h rev1.1 f9
CPU i3 2105 sandybridge

Thanks!!!

Hi everybody,

I'm almost done.

I had to change my mobo and now I have 10.6.8 running perfectly on another HDD. It's a blank install.

I would like to run my main system but I can't run Multibeast on it.
I tried to connect it through USB but the new install don't recognize the old system. Just recognize it by Sata port but that doesnt work for use multibeast targeting on it.

What can i do now? I really want my old system running with 10.6.8

Old mobo z68ma-d2h-b3
New mobo z77-ds3h rev1.1 f9
CPU i3 2105 sandybridge

Thanks!!!

Rastall

Yes MultiBeast will target a USB drive - but your problem is that you now have a non Supported Chipset.
The Z77 is unknown to the OSX SL kernel so this is the problem not MultiBeast.

This is why we do not want you to run MultiBeast on a Ivy Bridge Motherboard and CPU. Which by the way you should upgrade. Also USB 3.0 is not supported under Snow Leo.

SNOW LEOPARD WILL NOT RUN (WELL) NOR BOOT FROM HARD DISK w a IVY BRIDGE MOTHERBOARD.

The GODS at TONYMACX86 have created a special iBOOT CD - for Ivy Bridge that you need to use to install OSX Snow Leo onto it. You use this iBOOT CD to BOOT from not the Hard drive until you get OSX Mountain Lion installed.

If you want to continue to use Snow Leopard as you did in the past you will need a motherboard that has a Z68 chipset. And one that has a DSDT as well.

What is recommended for users who have IVY BRIDGE MOTHERBOARDS is to install Snow Leo and then get the OSX MOUNTAIN LION app from the Apple Application store purchase download and make the UniBeast thumb Drive.

PS you post was moved as its is not GUIDE related.

Thank you so much totenkopf4,

The fact is that I'm running 10.6.8 booting from HDD perfectly but in another HDD that is not my main system.
I would like to run multibeast on my main system to make it run (don't run with any bootloader)
I don't know why my new system don't allow connect my main system through USB to target MB on it.

USB ports are working perfectly detecting all my devices and ext HDD

Thank you

Thank you so much totenkopf4,

The fact is that I'm running 10.6.8 booting from HDD perfectly but in another HDD that is not my main system.
I would like to run multibeast on my main system to make it run (don't run with any bootloader)
I don't know why my new system don't allow connect my main system through USB to target MB on it.

USB ports are working perfectly detecting all my devices and ext HDD

Thank you

Rastall

MultiBeast is the combined compilation of software that we use to install the OSX kexts we want based upon the menu selections we make for the hardware we have. This includes a Bootloader know as Chameleon / Chimera.
The part that makes a drive boot is the Chimera software. Chimera is also a stand alone installer which means you can install the bootloader by itself - after MultiBeast has run.
Not being able to boot from USB is either a failure of the motherboard BIOS or the Bootloader on the USB.
If you can test the USB drive out on another computer and you get different results ( kernel panic) then it could be something in the Bios.
You can download the chimera bootloader from downloads and instal that after you run Multibeast to see if this works.
Also if you can you may want to open the USB enclosure and attach the HD to a sata port and do it that way test it and reassemble the USB box. Its not uncommon to have a USB to SATA interface not be bootable. So you problem could be the USB sata interface and not the drive.

Thank you again totenkopf4.

For me is easier use just MB, that's the way I've been using to but I think I'm going to try another ways to install the kexts.
I guess is not posible to run MB targeting a SATA PORT HDD except on the system in use. Is that correct?

The HDD I'm trying to run Multibeast is my old main system (SATA PORT) that was running perfectly with 10.6.8
I've tried to conect it vía USB in the new system I've just installed (10.6.8 booting perfect) in a diferent HDD to make my old system to run too. But don't recognize the HDD, actually don't allow the archive system. Other external HDD(exFAt) are allowed but not my main system. :(

That happens just vía USB, when the HDD is on SATA port I can acces perfectly but MB doesnt work in that way...

The fact is that if I could install 10.6.8 system in a new HDD I guess I could make my old system run just running multibeast on it. Isn't it? I'm going to try with Chimera bootloader.

Maybe is a problem in a USB interface kexts but other extHDD are detected... ¿?¿?

I'm on it.

Thank you so much for your help man.

Thank you again totenkopf4.

For me is easier use just MB, that's the way I've been using to but I think I'm going to try another ways to install the kexts.
I guess is not posible to run MB targeting a SATA PORT HDD except on the system in use. Is that correct?

The HDD I'm trying to run Multibeast is my old main system (SATA PORT) that was running perfectly with 10.6.8
I've tried to conect it vía USB in the new system I've just installed (10.6.8 booting perfect) in a diferent HDD to make my old system to run too. But don't recognize the HDD, actually don't allow the archive system. Other external HDD(exFAt) are allowed but not my main system. :(

That happens just vía USB, when the HDD is on SATA port I can acces perfectly but MB doesnt work in that way...

The fact is that if I could install 10.6.8 system in a new HDD I guess I could make my old system run just running multibeast on it. Isn't it? I'm going to try with Chimera bootloader.

Maybe is a problem in a USB interface kexts but other extHDD are detected... ¿?¿?

I'm on it.

Thank you so much for your help man.
Make sure I understand - you have Z77 main system with Mountain Lion and a Z68 system with SL on it connected together by USB and are trying to run MB on the Z77 to install it on a drive in the Z68 box?

Why not boot the Z68 SL with iBoot and install ML that way? Otherwise you could get a http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-Converter-Optical-External/dp/B001OORMVQ/ and connect the drive data cable to the adapter instead of the mainboard and install MB from the ML build.

Make sure I understand - you have Z77 main system with Mountain Lion and a Z68 system with SL on it connected together by USB and are trying to run MB on the Z77 to install it on a drive in the Z68 box?

Why not boot the Z68 SL with iBoot and install ML that way? Otherwise you could get a http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter-Converter-Optical-External/dp/B001OORMVQ/ and connect the drive data cable to the adapter instead of the mainboard and install MB from the ML build.

GB

Thank you for re-painting the picture for me ... I think my colors were running and I couldn't make sense of his color pallet, Just not into Impressionist period artists.

(Clarifying what I was missing)

Tote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back