Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All!

This is my third build of my Hackintosh. The first two times only lasted two weeks before lockups and freezes became the norm. I believe this build is more solid, but just in the past couple days I've started noticing a couple freezes that are really annoying.

So, since I don't understand all the kext stuff or how to modify all that stuff i've been relying on MultiBeast options to help me troubleshoot.

My objectives are to get the maximum performance and reliability out of my machine (as if anyone has any other objectives on here??).

Here is my hardware:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150 2-Way SLI Dual LAN ATX
  • Processor: Intel I7-4771 3.5gHz 3 LGA 1150 (although my Mac says it’s 3.7 gHz)
  • Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1866 MT/s (I ordered two sets of the 16 gig kits)
  • Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 27-Inch WQHD LED-lit PLS Professional Graphics Monitor
  • Graphics Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770
  • WiFi Card: ASUS AC68
  • Solid State Drive (primary SSD): Samsung 840 EVO-Series 250GB
  • Secondary Hard Drive: Western Digital 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive, Black, WD2003FZEX
  • Bluetooth Dongle: GMYLE(R) Ultra-low power consumption USB Bluetooth 4.0 Micro Nano Dongle Wireless Adapter (100 Meters)
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM650
  • CPU Water Cooler: Antec H20 650 Cooling Kit KUHLER 650 Black
  • Full-Tower Case: Raidmax Vampire ATX Full Tower Case ATX-001WBTI (Black)

SO, with the new MultiBeast 6.4.0 just dropping, I'd like to re-push my settings.

On MultiBeast 6.3 I used the following settings:
Tab: Drivers

• Audio: ALC898 (tried some of the optional HD items, but since I don't listen to much except youtube instructional videos all of that seemed like it might just cause more possible issues, so none of them are installed right now)
  • Disk: Nothing (TRIM support was not available on MulitBeast 6.3 for 10.9.4. So I bought TRIM Enabler)
  • Graphics: Nothing - I load the nvidia drivers directly, outside MultiBeast
  • Misc: Nothing (I've tried some of the "FAKE" and the other stuff here, but always seemed to have issues) (Also installed the USB 3 stuff in the past, but my system seems to recognize USB 3 out of the box, so I didn't install here) (Not sure whether or not to try the NulCPUPowerManagement)
  • Network: Nothing - works fine natively (system description says Dual Intel Gigabit LAN i210AT / i217v, not sure if one of the intel options here might help for speed/compatibility)
  • System: Nothing (again with the CPUPowerManagement, I'm not sure what I should be touching)
TAB BootLoader

• Chimera v3.0.1
TAB Customize

• I haven't integrated ANY of these options except in System Definition I have MacPro3,1 (I would REALLY like one of the newer sets like 6,1, but I don't even know why or if it would offer me different options/performance)
  • Also have Theme: Tonymacx86 remixed

SO, with all of that, are there settings I SHOULD apply and are the particular items I should avoid? Like I said, I would LIKE to change the system definition (I thought I had 6,1 working at some point), but I'm a little reluctant to brick my system.

Specific questions:

• Under Audio - will any of the HD optional items work? Why should I or should I not apply them?
  • Under Disk - by default the standard DSDT Free turns on the option for 3rd Party SATA, is it necessary? Mine SEEMS to work fine without this option.
  • Under Misc - are the "FakeSMC" items necessary? What do they do? By default DSDT Free turns on the FakeSMC v6.9.1315, but I believe I get some sort of error when I install that one.
  • Under Misc - NulCPUPowerManagement - necessary? And how does this work with regard to the "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement" item under System
  • Under the Tab Customize and Boot Options - are any of these appropriate for my system? Again, DSDT Free turns on Generate CPU States, Hibernate Mode - Desktop, and Use KernelCashe (which gives an error on install), but I've opted to leave them all off and this seems to work ok.
  • Under System Definitions - CAN I apply an updated model of Mac Pro? I'm currently using 3,1. What are the advantages of moving up? How would I know if my system would work on any of the newer ones? Are there advantages to moving up? Or will I just continue to twitch each time I open my "About this Mac" and see "Mac Pro (2008 model)"? :)
  • Under Themes - I assume this are just lipstick and not mission critical. I've tried a couple without any difficulties

Is there a thread or diagram anywhere that explain all these options and give overviews of what to watch out for with each of them? Maybe warnings "Only turn on this option if you have......"

I know this is a lot. Answer whatever part you think you can. Thank you! :)

Did you ever get this combo to work correctly? I'm looking at the same MOBO/CPU combo as you.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back