Graphics
NVidia 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My problem: Cannot reboot into Mac OSX 10.8.2 after running multi beast. No mode seems to work. It takes me to a white screen with Apple logo and a spinner that never ends.

Everything installs properly; I using TonyMac's installation guide and the latest unibeast, version of ML, and the newest multibeast.

My system: f14 bios on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H mother board. Intel Core i7-3770, 32 GB Corsair Vengence RAM, GeForce 660Ti Graphics, and running it on a 120 GB Sandisk SSD.

This is my first Hackintosh, and I have done a lot of research and tried several configurations on the multibeast install. Slugfest's video machine, HackintosherHD, RocheTechnology, several other Youtube videos, etc. Everyone configuration of the multibeast for my specific board seems to fail for me. I am at a loss of what to do. I have started from scratch over 6 times (partly because after I run the multibeast safe mode even fails for me and I have no other choice.

Please help. Thank you in advance so much.

Safe mode takes me past the Apple logo to a black screen sometimes.

Thanks this is virtually identical to my desired set up. I am going to RAID1 and dual boot to Windows 8, though on a non SSD drive. In the guide the MBR (Master Boot Record) and GPT (GUID ? ?) right? Sorry probably a dumb question but I am just learning.

I am going to try all of this out and let you know how it goes. Thanks again!

Ok cool, that is what I thought. I check back in a couple of hours - thank you for your help.

did you disable Vt-d in BIOS?

That seemed to get me right in. What does it do? Should I leave it disabled?

Thanks a ton. I still may do it all over again, to fix my dual boot, but this might have solved a lot of my problems.

I am going to make a guide for this build. Thanks for your help guys.

So the problems I still have:

I have the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCI Express x1 Wireless N Dual Band Adapter but for some reason I am not getting a sustained internet connect wirelessly. I have loaded hnaks and Atheros but neither seems to be doing the trick. The connection takes a long time, once it starts it works for a while, but then just drops. It says the connection is still there, but no data is going through.

The graphics card is recognized, but not being utilized. The drivers just are not doing it from the multi beast. I will try the nVida site. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you both of you! It worked, thanks hussar. The dual boot works, thanks miniITX. I need to test out the graphics card. Problem = no dual band on my ethernet card the 5 band is missing. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back