HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hoping for some help on the GA-Q77M-D2H board, which is a recommended build board.

Install via UniBeast went smoothly (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-1-5-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc/)

There is no DSDT for this board, but then again, it was stated it was not needed. However, it would seem like some items would be needed from the MultiBeast, such as the boot loader.

When installing the boot loader only, then rebooting, Mountain Lion will begin, but before the log in screen, the system will reboot itself.

If I use the boot loader off the USB drive, and choose the ML install, it will boot up and run ML.

I have the same board and the same question. I've installed twice and then broken the install with MultiBeast.

This isn't my first Hackintosh, but it is my first UEFI Hackintosh.

MultiBeast 5.0.2 Install Options:
▪ UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
▪ Disk > Trim Enabler (only if you have an SSD)
▪ Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC887/888b > vXXXX Current
▪ Network > Kext hnak’s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

Add to org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>Graphics Mode</key> <string>1920x1080x32</string>
then no longer needed to unplug/replug DVI/HDMI cable

Thanks! Posting from the new machine!

I also installed Chameleon and the Chameleon 2.0 theme. I took it as given that these would be needed.

Thanks again!

-Peter

Had my Gigabyte GA-Q77M-D2H board fail on me a few weeks ago. (no display/post, no USB, but power light showed on). Got what I believe is a new one back from Gigabyte (had a different MAC address at least) and this one had the F2 BIOS.

New section for Windows 8, CSM, and Secure Boot. Had to fool around with the settings to get it to boot.

Recommend options for the new F2 bios:
Intel Virtualization Technology: enabled
VT-d: disabled (at least this causes OS X boot to hang with my setup)
OS Type: Windows 8
CSM: Never
Other PCI Dev ROM Priority: UEFI First (if you are booting legacy such as with Chimera, pick Legacy)
Secure Boot: Disabled
SATA: AHCI

My setup is booting UEFI with Clover, though I had to update to the latest version (v. 1136) to make it work with this F2 BIOS. I am also booting to a Fusion setup as well. All works well now.

▪ Network > Kext hnak’s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

I had some issues with this ethernet device when using a 100MBit/s Switch.. It showed up no connection and I had to manually set the speed to 100base, Fullduplex in System Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back