Contribute
Register

MultiBeast mountain lion breaking install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55
CPU
I5 760
Graphics
4870 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,
Complete newcomer to the whole hackintosh thing, but not to computers.
Trying to set up mountain lion,
(btw i'm using an ASUS P7P55D mobo with bios v. 2003, i5 760 @ 2.8 GHz, powercolor 4870 1GB, 4GB 1333Mhz ram, 200GB sata HDD)
So after successfully installing and booting my hackintosh for the first time (via the unibeast boot usb drive) and then just rebooting for the hell of it (again via the boot usb drive) everything was working (although performance was low), then I decide to run multiBeast after downloading the DSDT file for my mobo, and install drivers ect. upon restarting the bootloader works, then the apple logo with loading wheel underneath it shows up and the wheel never stops turning. So after trying a few re-installs and changing the drivers I use, I get bored, so I just select the User DSDT option, don't install any other drivers, but then, same problem.
Basically I have no idea what could be the problem, l'm also not really sure if this counts as pre or post installation, but technically it is post, so I put it in here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Ok, something from both DSDT and easybeast is preventing booting, I can't get to the desktop after I install either of those. Currently I have just installed fakeSMC and the chimera bootloader, this allows me to boot the system, without it just stopping at the first loading screen.
Now have to work out how to do anything with graphics, but I guess that will be a different topic.

Just a few questions about this place if anyone is reading, first) is all the wiki documentation pretty much completely outdated, second) why are the boards upside down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back