HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I installed OSX using UniBeast and tinkered with it until I had it fully working before installing MultiBeast, I changed the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on the USB drive to look at the DSDT I created. Part of my reasoning was I wanted to see if my DSDT was the cause of Ethernet problems I was having as every time after I installed MultiBeast my Ethernet would stop working.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to why before I load MultiBeast my machine recognizes the Ethernet Card under System Information and as soon as MultiBeast is installed in System Information it says "This computer does not appear to have any PCI Ethernet cards installed." next to my Ethernet Card.

This is the Ethernet Card details:
Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller

I have been looking all over and this seems to be a problem that many people have had and there is no answer as to why. Is it because something is being loaded wrong or not being loaded but nobody out there seems to have a clue or able to help.

Is there anyway this can be bumped to someone, Tony perhaps :) as it looks like something that needs an answer.

Did you even install your ethernet from multibeast? Ethernet works from the USB because it is preloaded with kexts.

I had tried all the different versions in MultiBeast, this time I decided to make sure that they were installing correctly, found that when I tried the AppleIntelE1000e.kext it did not get installed, I rebuilt the permissions manually and tried the install again on that one and it fixed the ethernet problem.

Thanks so much for your reply it made me slow down and double check that things that were supposed to be there were there.

Have a great day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back