Geforce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

first of all: I found a lot of threads with this problem, but the most solution "clean install of ML" is not an option for me (want to wait for Mavericks).

So, my problem is: after installing the 10.8.5 update my sound didnt work anymore (like after every update). Downloaded MultiBeast 5.4.3 and an older version, both failed:

Code:
NSUnderlyingError=0x7fa3752009b0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)", NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., arguments=(        "-update-volume",
        "/",
        "-Installer"
    )} {
        NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while updating system extension information.";
        NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=kextcache Code=71 \"The operation couldn\U2019t be completed. (kextcache error 71.)\"";
        arguments =     (
            "-update-volume",
            "/",
            "-Installer"
        );
    }
Sep 18 19:02:11 mist Installer[1759]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fb22736c6d0 {arguments=(
        "-update-volume",
        "/",
        "-Installer"
    ), NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fb22736c670 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (kextcache-Fehler 71.)"}

So something is wrong with my kextcache. I downloaded Kext Wizard and repaired and built the Kextcache several times. But didnt work.

So dear experts, do you have any idea? I wanted to extrac the kext from the MultiBeast.pkg with pkgutil and install the kext manually but have an error here as well.

Thanks a lot.

Did also:

Code:
localhost:~ misthaufen$ sudo kextcache -system-cacheslocalhost:~ misthaufen$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: 	IOUSBControllerV2::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV226()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: 	IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV320()
kxld[net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI]: 	IOUSBControllerV3::_RESERVEDIOUSBControllerV321()
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for net.osx86.kexts.GenericUSBXHCI; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[2725] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

I'm having the same issue on Gigabyte z77-ds3h.
Output from sudo kextcache is identical.

Where you able to fix the issue?

Update:
I installed "USB 3.0 - Universal" first via Multibeast 5.5.1 and it fixed the issue.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back