Contribute
Register

Multibeast "INSTALLATION FAILED" Help Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
NZXT Phantom 410 Chassis, OS X 10.8.3, Asus X79 sabertooth LGA 2011
CPU
I7-3930k 4.8Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi i been trying for hours to figure out why my multibeast will not install "installation failed", is there a way to download all my kext and drivers etc. without using multibeast i understand its a longer process but i hit a dead end with multibeast and i dont know a way around it. :banghead:

hi i been trying for hours to figure out why my multibeast will not install "installation failed", is there a way to download all my kext and drivers etc. without using multibeast i understand its a longer process but i hit a dead end with multibeast and i dont know a way around it. :banghead:

You need to provide more details. What are you selecting in Multibeast? Keep in mind we are not sitting behind you seeing what you're doing and our telepathic abilities are minimal.

You need to provide more details. What are you selecting in Multibeast? Keep in mind we are not sitting behind you seeing what you're doing and our telepathic abilities are minimal.
Sorry about that, I first started with the same selection as Yo Mang http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-18.html as him and I have identical hardware but when I install it says installation failed so I decided to just install easybeast first due to my motherboard not have a dsdt but I received the same message. The only thing I was able to install was boot options under "customization"

Sorry about that, I first started with the same selection as Yo Mang http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-3930k-gtx670-sabertooth-x79-56k-warn-18.html as him and I have identical hardware but when I install it says installation failed so I decided to just install easybeast first due to my motherboard not have a dsdt but I received the same message. The only thing I was able to install was boot options under "customization"

You should look in your install.log to see the reason for failure. Use Console.app, then choose install.log under /var/log.

You should look in your install.log to see the reason for failure. Use Console.app, then choose install.log under /var/log.
I did what what you suggested after trying to install easybeast and reaching the "installation failed" message, i checked the installer log and this is the message i received:

localhost Installer[456]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> start_ * attribute and mixed state aborted.

localhost Installer[456]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attribute and mixed state aborted.
localhost Installer[456]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> start_ * attribute and mixed state aborted.
localhost Installer[456]: Package Authoring Error: Infinite loop between <choice> attribute and mixed state aborted.
localhost Installd[465]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
localhost Installd[465]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Cod=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fb7eb441bd0 "The operation couldn't be completed. (kextcache error 71.)" , NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information. , arguments=(
localhost Installer[456]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
localhost Installer[456]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
localhost Installer[456]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message: 'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I was told by another user I might have a bad kext, if that is what this message indicates, how would i go about locating and fixing it???

I did what what you suggested after trying to install easybeast and reaching the "installation failed" message, i checked the installer log and this is the message i received:

localhost Installd[465]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
localhost Installd[465]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Cod=121 "An error occurred while updating system extension information." UserInfo=0x7fb7eb441bd0 "The operation couldn't be completed. (kextcache error 71.)" , NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while updating system extension information. , arguments=(
localhost Installer[456]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
localhost Installer[456]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
localhost Installer[456]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message: 'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I was told by another user I might have a bad kext, if that is what this message indicates, how would i go about locating and fixing it???

Run Console.app to display your system.log. You could probably find the kext that is causing trouble just by looking at that, but it is probably easier to force a cache rebuild... so use Kext Wizard and choose 'Rebuild cache" and view the system.log while it is working. You should see some messages from kextcache that indicate the problem.

If all else fails, do a clean install...

Run Console.app to display your system.log. You could probably find the kext that is causing trouble just by looking at that, but it is probably easier to force a cache rebuild... so use Kext Wizard and choose 'Rebuild cache" and view the system.log while it is working. You should see some messages from kextcache that indicate the problem.

If all else fails, do a clean install...
i ran console and checked my system log this the message i received but im not sure what im looking for can you assist:

Mar 11 13:13:34 localhost Dock[151]: no information back from LS about running process
Mar 11 13:13:35 localhost Installer[345]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
Mar 11 13:13:53 --- last message repeated 3 times ---
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got user: michaelvasquez
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got ruser: (null)
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got service: authorization
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in od_principal_for_user(): No authentication authority returned
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in od_principal_for_user(): failed: 7
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Failed to determine Kerberos principal name.
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Done cleanup3
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Kerberos 5 refuses you
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): pam_sm_authenticate: ntlm
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_acct_mgmt(): OpenDirectory - Membership cache TTL set to 1800.
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in od_record_check_pwpolicy(): retval: 0
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in od_record_attribute_create_cfstring(): returned 2 attributes for dsAttrTypeStandard:AuthenticationAuthority
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Establishing credentials
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Got user: michaelvasquez
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Context initialised
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Got euid, egid: 0 0
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done getpwnam()
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done setegid() & seteuid()
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: krb5 user michaelvasquez doesn't have a principal
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done cleanup3
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done seteuid() & setegid()
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): Done cleanup4
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: ntlm
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost authorizationhost[354]: in pam_sm_setcred(): pam_sm_setcred: no domain found skipping
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: UID 501 authenticated as user michaelvasquez (UID 501) for right 'system.install.software'
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.install.software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner' [351] for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [345] (100003,0)
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost coreservicesd[31]: Application App:"Installer" [ 0x0/0x29029] @ 0x0x7fd699629cc0 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x2b02b:) ), so denying.
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost WindowServer[71]: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to Installer, psn 0x0-0x29029, securitySessionID=0x186a2, err=-13066
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.install.apple-software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/installd' [355] for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [345] (4,0)
Mar 11 13:13:53 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'system.install.software' by client '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PackageKit.framework/Versions/A/Resources/installd' [355] for authorization created by '/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app' [345] (4,0)
Mar 11 13:13:55 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'com.apple.ServiceManagement.daemons.modify' by client '/usr/libexec/UserEventAgent' [10] for authorization created by '/usr/libexec/UserEventAgent' [10] (100012,0)
Mar 11 13:13:58 localhost com.apple.kextd[11]: kextcache error while updating / (error count: 30)
Mar 11 13:13:59 localhost com.apple.SecurityServer[15]: Succeeded authorizing right 'com.apple.ServiceManagement.daemons.modify' by client '/usr/libexec/UserEventAgent' [10] for authorization created by '/usr/libexec/UserEventAgent' [10] (100012,0)
Mar 11 13:13:59 localhost Installer[345]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
Mar 11 13:13:59 localhost Installer[345]: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Mar 11 13:14:03 localhost com.apple.kextd[11]: /: kextcache has had enough tries; not launching any more
Mar 11 13:17:27 localhost mds[47]: (Warning) Server: No stores registered for metascope "kMDQueryScopeComputer"

i also ran kext wizard and did a clean install but didnt help

i ran console and checked my system log this the message i received but im not sure what im looking for can you assist:

Mar 11 13:14:03 localhost com.apple.kextd[11]: /: kextcache has had enough tries; not launching any more

i also ran kext wizard and did a clean install but didnt help

You need to reboot, then bring up Console, then run Kext Wizard to rebuild caches. As you can see above, kextcache will only retry so many times before giving up. It doesn't reset its counter until you reboot.

The idea is just to get some information about what kexts are invalid/corrupt.

Is this a fresh install using Mac App Store purchased ML?

You need to reboot, then bring up Console, then run Kext Wizard to rebuild caches. As you can see above, kextcache will only retry so many times before giving up. It doesn't reset its counter until you reboot.

The idea is just to get some information about what kexts are invalid/corrupt.

Is this a fresh install using Mac App Store purchased ML?
Yes it's ML 10.8.2 downloaded from the App Store I installed using the unibeast method and redownloaded the app from the App Store and performed a clean install as you suggested

Yes it's ML 10.8.2 downloaded from the App Store I installed using the unibeast method and redownloaded the app from the App Store and performed a clean install as you suggested

OK, try what I said above. We need to know the messages from the *first* kextcache failure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back