Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having trouble (understatement xD) setting up my Hackintosh with the iBoot/Multibeast method. When attempting to install MultiBeast, I found that the installation kept failing, after which my drive became unbootable, even with the iBoot disc (kernel panic when booting normally and hanging at the apple logo with loading wheel in safe mode).

Upon further inspection, I managed to deduce that the "Repair permissions" feature was the culprit that kept failing to install properly. I went looking for solutions and found that the feature was essentially the same thing as repairing permissions in Disk Utility. So I tried that, and first recieved an error that I did not have the proper privileges (d'oh). Configured the right privileges and tried again. That's when I got this unusual error:

Repair permissions failed: Framework unable to communicate with DiskManagementTool
Searched Google and this board for far longer than I had patience, which turned up zero possible solutions (couldn't find anyone with the same problem).

Critical hardware configuration (rather old custom built pc):

Motherboard: MSI MS-7235 with Intel P965-Neo chipset. (Phoenix AwardBIOS v6.00pg)
GPU: Gigabyte/nVidia GeForce GTS 450
Processor: Intel Pentium D 2GB RAM 3.21 GHz speed

Any ideas? I'd hate to have to format-reinstall OSX for the seventh time...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Additional info I thought might be relevant: Yes, I did first install the update combo (updating my version 10.6.3 to version 10.6.8) and subsequently attempted the MultiBeast install before rebooting. I used MultiBeast 3.7.2 for my last attempt, considering that there might be drivers that were no longer present in the latest version that could work. Now I'm not so sure.
Finally, to install OSX I used the iBoot Legacy CD, as the regular one didn't seem to work.

Did a new attempt (made a time machine backup from a fresh install to cut down on restoration time). This time I unchecked "repair permissions" in MultiBeast and instead ran it afterwards in Disk Utility. All went well until reboot. Now it just freezes at the Apple logo screen (no loading wheel this time) no matter what I do. Booting in -v, regardless of any other boot flags present (tried -x, -f and PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=no), results in the screen suddenly blacking out at some point (presumably when normally the apple logo screen would pop up) whilst my PC stops giving any sign of being busy.

Any ideas at all?

Bump. I'd really like to sort this one out >_>

Have you figured your problem out? im having the same issue. I have a custom beast and have tried multibeast too and have same issue, failed install! refusing to write permissions, framework unavailable. I even sent a crash log to Tonymac and all he said is that the custombeast worked on his machine.
Someone please help!

Hmm... I faced the same problem too, but I managed to solve it.

I did a fresh install of SL and ran combo update 10.6.8. Using MultiBeast 3.8.0, I installed ONLY EASYBEAST, without ticking system utilities since we know that Disk Repair Permissions cannot be performed. My installation was successful.

I restarted my comp, and everything went well :D

I also had this problem, but I tried the above solution and multi beast installed correctly! :)

One quick question though - how do you plan to install all the drivers now given that if we tick system and utilities, the installation always fails?

I had success by installing leopard+combo update. restart boot back with leopard disk, then repair permissions through disk utility. Restart and boot into the new install, run multi beast. I used CustomBeast, worked ok but had freezes from time to time. Not sure but I thank parallels may have been the culprit. Sense then I have installed Lion with a fresh install, Xmove+multiBeast with no problems.

Yes, do not run permission repair through MultiBeast. This is how I fixed my problem (easy beast or userDSTD alone would not fix it - no boot).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27797

run everything in multibeast that you want ----except repair permisions in system utilities, then go into disk utility and repair disk permisions, easy fix

hmm.. sorry to bring this thread up, but...

..Im trying to avoid the need of having to "repair permissions" every time I restart my hackintosh. (I don't do it as much as I should I guess, it stays on for weeks or months), but every now and then, if I restart... I do have to put my usb, start from it the install, go to Disk Utility and select my Lion HD, and repair permissions. then restart, boot from disk, and everything is ok.

I did use multibeast after the install of the leopard, but from the time I installed Lion, it seems the repair permission on multibeast didn't work.

Should I install the latest multibeast and run it? with just the "repair permissions" ticked on? or is it another way?

My Lion is fully functional for months now.. since it came out... so Im happy, but would love it if I just could restart without the tediousness.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back