Graphics
AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As title says, any update for MultiBeast for Mojave? Got a new Rx 580 and looking to do a clean install. While I can do it via Clover, I've come to really appreciate the ease of use of MultiBeast and wondered if an update is incoming?

Installation Guide said:
Note: MultiBeast 11 will be ready soon- for now use MultiBeast 10.4.0 for Post-Installation

As title says, any update for MultiBeast for Mojave? Got a new Rx 580 and looking to do a clean install. While I can do it via Clover, I've come to really appreciate the ease of use of MultiBeast and wondered if an update is incoming?
Use UB for Mojave and MB v10.4. Then, update the kexts MB puts in /S/L/ which you can get from Downloads > Kexts. I've got a Mojave test drive which I made by duplicating my High Sierra drive, updating the kexts and running the UniBeast Installer USB thumb drive, installing Mojave on top of the duplicated HS installation. Works like a champ.

MB is being rewritten from scratch since the previous coding doesn't work on Mojave. It's getting a Swift makeover. So, hang in there. The above work around(s) work fine.

BTW, what system are you going to install Mojave on?

Thanks for the workaround Storko! I was tentative about hitting that path for a workaround, but good to know it works.

A swift makeover will be fantastic! Cutting edge!

Going to install on my Main Hack in my sig (albeit with a RX580) - still haven't found a use case for the power beyond what an Ive Bridge i7 can accommodate.

...Going to install on my Main Hack in my sig (albeit with a RX580) - still haven't found a use case for the power beyond what an Ive Bridge i7 can accommodate.
If you have a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB graphics card, then use the Frame Buffer patch as I outlined in MyHero II build description, post installation section.

Took the plunge, upgraded my Main Hack with no problems. Opted for an MSI RX 570 after seeing it on special ($190 - $30 Amazon GC - $20 Mail in rebate + 3 Free Games). No issues whatsoever.

Wife's hack didn't go as smooth. Other than the 660 acting up, which I expected may happen, the spinner hard drive stopped showing up and showed as unformatted. I took it out and put it in my PC - works just fine. Put back in hers, shows as unformatted. Attempted to reformat in her PC< gives an error. Formats fine in mine and then shows as unformatted again in hers. Oddity for sure. Didn't use it for anything other than game storage though so no giant loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back