Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just wanted to put this out there as an FYI:

Had a problem with Multibeast install repeated failing, and narrowed it down to the installer kept crashing when running scripts at the end, giving me an "installation failed" error.

I tried to run disk utilities and repair permissions manually, but got the error "repair permissions failed: framework unable to communicate with disk managementtool" - hence why the MB installer kept crashing.

I've erased the hard drive, and reinstalled SL at least 5 times, but same error every time.

Everything else works fine, thankfully, and If I install MultiBeast without 'repair permissions' checked, then reboot and manually repair permissions, all is well.

Quite strange...

happening to me too. i did not know i can reboot without repair permissions than do it manually. i shall try this. i am using lion ith multibeast 4.2.1

carlos28355 said:
happening to me too. i did not know i can reboot without repair permissions than do it manually. i shall try this. i am using lion ith multibeast 4.2.1
If you're using the Lion version of Multibeast, there shouldn't be an option to repair disk permissions, just rebuild cache.

in the multibeast lion i am using 4.2.1 under system utilities it says repair permissions..? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back