Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Have just installed Mavericks onto a Revision 1 Gigabyte G33-DS3R with a 256MB GT8600 graphics card using Multibeast Without DSST settings and it runs better than I expected. Im thinking about switching over to WITH DSDT just to try and get Sleep working, which is just the only thing that doesn't work. I wonder if somebody might comment on

a. is sleep likely to work with the DSDT?
b. do I have to do anything to back out of the current Without DSDT settings or will running Multibeast take car of that?
c. is there a better way to get sleep working?

Any comments appreciated.
Nick Soph

G33-DS3R Socket 775 with Core 2 Quadcore, 8GB, Gigabyte 256MB GT8600 Grapics card (identified as 512MB in Sys Info), 160MB SATA.

Have just installed Mavericks onto a Revision 1 Gigabyte G33-DS3R with a 256MB GT8600 graphics card using Multibeast Without DSST settings and it runs better than I expected. Im thinking about switching over to WITH DSDT just to try and get Sleep working, which is just the only thing that doesn't work. I wonder if somebody might comment on

a. is sleep likely to work with the DSDT?
b. do I have to do anything to back out of the current Without DSDT settings or will running Multibeast take car of that?
c. is there a better way to get sleep working?

Any comments appreciated.
Nick Soph

G33-DS3R Socket 775 with Core 2 Quadcore, 8GB, Gigabyte 256MB GT8600 Grapics card (identified as 512MB in Sys Info), 160MB SATA.

a. Sleep will work with an edited DSDT, provided you do the needed edits for sleep to work
b. No just put your DSDT in your Extra folder and insert a boot flag for it in com.chameleon.boot.plist
c. Try SleepEnabler.kext! (P.S. It's easier than editing a DSDT but the DSDT is much better)

Thx for the speedy reply Omar, cant seem to find a sleep enabler for Mavericks and have just read that they are different for each release. So might just have to go for the DSDT option (which is new ground for me).
Thanks again
nick

just used autopatcher to create a DSDT and Multibeast to install it and now have a fully working mavericks hkntosh with sleep :)
needed - GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRoot=1 and npci=0x3000
thanks for the advice Omar, dsdt phobia has preventedf me before but that was painless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back