Contribute
Register

Multibeast and npci=0x3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kept playing with it and guess what... this worked!
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000</string> <<<--- note how I entered both parameters separated by a comma
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don't see a comma. I'm having the same type of issue. I can boot if I manually enter boot flags but not if I add more than one to the kernel flags section. My new build requires three npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_dvr=1 I've been struggling with it for weeks and have reinstalled Yosemite 10.10.4 six times.

I don't see a comma. I'm having the same type of issue. I can boot if I manually enter boot flags but not if I add more than one to the kernel flags section. My new build requires three npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_dvr=1 I've been struggling with it for weeks and have reinstalled Yosemite 10.10.4 six times.

no commas required - single space between boot-args. should look like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

That's what I thought and why the mention of using a comma confused me. I've already tried the way you state with no luck. It just sits there at the progress bar or if I use -v after something about USB voltages (I think) yet if I type all that in manually during start up or if I only use npci=0x2000 with a spare ati card I have no issues. I'll keep plugging at it. I bought the evga gtx 970 because it was on the compatability list but I've had no luck yet.

Sweet I got it! I think maybe I needed to have npci=0x2000 first and it was complicated by that entry mysteriously being removed presumably after switching the nvidia driver from osx to web. I added it back and did a repair permissions on the drive.

Thanks for your help

Just want to say thanks, helped me out with updating my OS on my 4year old build :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back