Multibeast 9.0 drivers not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Gainward GTX770, Dell P2715Q 4K Monitor (2560x1440 HIDPI), Dell U2711 Monitor (2560x1440)
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Just did a clean install of Sierra and all ok so far but I'm having an issue with Multibeast not loading any drivers.

I select quick start, UEFI, sound, network and 530 drivers for a basic setup and then click build. It shows the installation of drivers/settings was successful but when I go to reboot, the system loads back into Sierra with nothing, no drivers installed.

Any ideas?

OK, I found the issue. For some reason the AtherosE2200Ethernet-v2.2.0.pkg was built with incorrect permissions. We will not be able to update MultiBeast for a week due to travel.

In the meantime you can run the following command in Terminal to fix this:

Code:
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

Then reboot which will update the kernel cache and load the kext.

Last edited:
OK, I found the issue. For some reason the AtherosE2200Ethernet-v2.2.0.pkg was built with incorrect permissions. We will not be able to update MultiBeast for a week due to travel.

In the meantime you can run the following command in Terminal to fix this:

Code:
sudo chown -R 0:0 /Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

Then reboot which will update the kernel cache and load the kext.

Perfect! That's solved network issue, thank you! Unfortunately none of the other kexts/drivers seem to be working either though? Should I just wait for multibeast update?

Everything you installed installed correctly.

FYI, if you run any Audio installer more than once it will not change any of the previous settings in Clover for audio. So if you upgraded a system from El Capitan to Sierra you need to manually delete the entries in Config.plist in the section KextsToPatch that is relevant to AppleHDA.

Last edited:
Same issues as Arke1. I installed the ALC898 drivers, completes successfully according to the installer, but after a reboot I have the same issue of "no output devices found". To be extra sure I refreshed Sierra by installing it over the previous Sierra install. I confirmed the AppleHDA.kext is the original and then ran Multibeast again. No luck.

I believe my overwriting of the config.plist is to blame. I had it setup perfect to run with AppleALC.kext injected via Clover and the original AppleHDA.kext. I pulled a backup of the config.plist but maybe I did something wrong. After seeing similar issues though I'm not sure I did.

...So if you upgraded a system from El Capitan to Sierra you need to manually delete the entries in Config.plist in the section KextsToPatch that is relevant to AppleHDA.

The original install of Sierra was an upgrade from El Capitan. I'll check the config.plist.

Last edited:
Got the iGPU working...was setting in BIOS.

Managed to get the sound drivers installed as well. Needed to install the 100 series audio in multibeast as well. Only catch is, there's no sound working yet...

Will investigate further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back