Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 6.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 6.2 Update

MB 6.2 killed audio for me, too! Using ALC892 on 10.9.2. Also using Mac Pro 6,1 (perhaps that is not wise). I never put my computer to sleep. Only sleep the display. That is enough: After display comes back, there's no audio anymore.

Replaceing kext from MB6.1 with Pacifist did NOT solve the problem.

Please fix it, this is a serious issue.

Well, now it seems to work. Not sure how I did it, but I tried different system names. Mac Pro 5,1 would kernel panic on boot, then I tried Mac Pro 6,1 and now the sound stays. Very strange.

OK I couldn't get audio to work on a Gigabyte X79 using Multibeast with the Voodoo drivers but... if I load Voodoo 2.8.4 from the voodoo install it installs and works. It's late so if someone has already mentioned that fine but installing voodooHDA from the voodoo install worked for me

Hello,

First timer here. I just built the customac mini deluxe part for part with the 7440k chip and having a problem with no internet what so ever. Lan ports and wifi not showing anything. Can anyone show what my Multibeast setting should be and if there is a way to fix this?

Thank you

Hi everybody, it's my 1st time on this forum:) I'm running Mavericks 10.9.3 on my Hp Z400 workstation.
Installed with Multibeast 6.2.1 on a OCZ Vertex Mac Edition 128Gb SSD, everything is very fast. Not sure about stability because I'm still testing, but this machine is up 3 hrs and still no serious issues.... One minor issue is, of course, audio:( The built in audio card is an Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 Audio and it's correctly listed in system profiler, system preferences detects all the I/O ports and volume sliders they work as well, but the output volume is quite low, when hit the keys + and - on my keyboard it doesn't change anything, no volume variation through the whole range. The rear audio output is connected to a 3 way JBL audio system, no sound at all via headphone out. Video card is Nvidia Quadro2000 1Gb with 1 DVI and 2 HDMI outputs that should output audio as well but I've still no way to check it. Anyway it's a great result and I'll make a donation to Tonymacx86 for all the efforts :clap: If someone needs help for installing Mavericks on Hp Z400 I'm here to help with all the steps I followed, if someone can help with some hint for the audio driver of course will be welcome. A big thank to Tonymacx86.

Edit: Audio it seems to work fine with old VoodooHDA v0.2.1, still testing....

If you've installed 10.9.2 and updated with MultiBeast 6.1, then simply choose the new choices in this version and install over the existing setup.

:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Run MultiBeast just selecting the changed audio, FakeSMC, FakeSMC plugins (optional) and appropriated Ethernet driver;
:ch: Reboot; and
:ch: Repair permissions* again.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Thanks guys...

excelennt very gooood programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back