Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - I notice that users of 10.8 that rely on USB digital Audio have an issue that although Sys Profiler shows the USB devices including headsets as being loaded as a USB device, in 10.8 they do not appear as an audio option this is classes as a serious bug affecting Hackintoshes.

The AppleUSBAudio.kext is missing an OSBundleCompatibleVersion key in its Info.plist file. This prevents kernel extensions that make use of the AppleUSBAudioPlugin API (as demonstrated in Apple's SampleUSBAudioPlugin sample code) from loading because they cannot then link against AppleUSBAudio.
[h=3]AppleUSBAudio.kext lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion key / 10.7.4 (11E53) and Later.[/h]
Info courtesy of openradar site - this would be a welcome addition to future releases of this application.

thanks...

Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

The AppleUSBAudio.kext is missing an OSBundleCompatibleVersion key in its Info.plist file. This prevents kernel extensions that make use of the AppleUSBAudioPlugin API (as demonstrated in Apple's SampleUSBAudioPlugin sample code) from loading because they cannot then link against AppleUSBAudio.
[h=3]AppleUSBAudio.kext lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion key / 10.7.4 (11E53) and Later.[/h]
Info courtesy of openradar site - this would be a welcome addition to future releases of this application.

I am not sure why you would be having any issue with this. I have several USB audio devices working perfectly in 10.8.
Before MB5 was released people with non-intel USB 3.0 controllers had to rollback USB kexts and if they did not also roll back the AppleUSBAudio.kext it would fail to recognize USB audio devices as selectable audio input or output devices. However now that the USB 3.0 driver in the latest multibeast works with the native 10.8 USB kexts this is no longer an issue at all.
g\

Nice work thanks!

Thanks , but it's causing same kernal panic like 4.6

For me it dosnot work On my EVGA X58 FTW3

thank you so much

10.8.0 AppleIntelCPU...kext not work,but patched 10.7.4 with MB4.6.1 is work.

Article: MultiBeast 5.0 for Mountain Lion

when i install multibeast 5.0.2 .i got a message ( multbesst 5.0.2 can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer )any one got same problem ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back