Contribute
Register

Multibeast 5.0.2 and Intel DP55WB on ML 10.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your assistance...

Everything worked according to your screenshot , EXCEPT no keyboard or mouse working after multibeast boot ..

I tried DIFFERENT keyboards and DIFFERENT mice in DIFFERENT USB Ports but to no avail ...

I tried the PS/2 Keyboard + Mouse option but that did not work too...

Did your mouse & keyboard work fine ???????

Oh Man, Really?

i have a mac keyboard and a common USB mouse.

havent done anything special to get them working...

did you try a clean install of ML? that what i did.

I erased OSX 10.8 and reinstalled it 4 times by now :)

Multibeast 4.6 works very well, no kernel panics, audio works, but NO keyboard and NO mouse.

Intel DP55WB does not have PS/2 ports, so I am using regular two-button USB mouse and regular USB PC keyboard, nothing out of the ordinary.

I tried unplugging, and re-plugging, and rebooting, but the mouse cursor is stuck and unmoved !

Any help is appreciated :)

The only difference between your configuration and mine is the video card XFX GTS 250 1 GB which is what I have.

Are you using an older version of Multibeast? 4.2 or something? Because mine says "install" yours in the screenshot says "update" under the multibeast options...

Thank you once again.

in my screenshot you see update because after i got everything going i reopen multibeast to make the screenshot.
because the stuff i selected was already installed it wrote "update"... so this isn't it

you know, it can be a bios setting...

try playing with usb setting set the legacy option on or something.
i didnt change anything in the bios, but you can never know....

Thank you ... You are godsent!

I reset the BIOS to defaults, and viola! Everything works except sleep mode...

The only 2 minors issues left is sleep (suspend to ram -> set in BIOS to S3 only) , and the Ralink WiFi driver CF-WU720N....

Did you get your board to suspend properly????? Mine power light blinks, fans don't stop, and unresponsive...

Thank you so much man... I thought this board will never work on 10.8 !!!

Great !!!

i never put my mac to sleep (only screen saver)
i'm running virtual machine that i need to always be online with max CPU and disk availability - so i never tested sleep mode.
frankly i'm afraid to do so...

so far no glitches what so ever....

There is a sleep enabler kext available for 10.7.4 for DP55WB ... But I have not tried it yet....

This is as good as it gets... Last piece is to either find a WiFi adapter that works right away with Mac or wait till Ralink release a driver for mountain lion ....

But either way, I thank you for your help ....

I hope Multibeast 5.0.2 gets updated or removed because it has proven most problematic.

you welcome!

lets talk when 10.9 gets out....

thanks michaelz33
i am also facing same problem with DP55WB board and asus 210 silent card
i tried multi beast 4.6.1 and chimera 1.11.1
works wonderful
thamks again

Hello:

Yes, something has gone seriously wrong with Multibeast 5.0.2.

Although ASUS P7P55D has SAME chipset as Intel DP55WB, and yet Multibeast fails almost instantly on Intel board.

It was a genius idea to use Multibeast Lion Edition on ML 10.8, and it proves to work.

However, suspend to RAM does not work (yet) ... Probably a matter of kext somewhere ....

But I hope they will fix Multibeast soon because apparently a huge bug there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back