Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.9.0: Snow Leopard Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
zdestiny said:
I had trouble getting this to work. On a clean install, after updating from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8, 3.9 wouldnt work for me. I selected UserDSDT, System Utilities and Kext Utility, and it said installation failed. I tried this about 3-4 times, each time resulting in the same error. I ended up using a copy of MultiBeast 3.8 that I had saved from earlier.

You didn't say whether the update worked with 3.8...? ;)

twhitex said:
Now I have a different issue:

I make Time Machine backups as I'm going along so I can restore if it gets fubar'd. I've done this several times without any problem. Then I followed this guide:

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=649.0

trying to fix my non-booting HDD issue (it didn't). Now when I use iBoot to boot the Retail SL DVD, I get this (see attachment) so I can't restore my backup. I don't understand it, because the iBoot CD and Retail DVD haven't changed and neither has the hardware. I even replaced the HDD with another (working) HDD and still get the same error.

I refuse to believe there's no way back. What have I missed?

Okay - back up and running. I used a Natty install cd to clean up the partitioning that I messed up and voila - the SL Retail DVD boots again!

I installed IntelHDGraphics.kext and IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and, even though they don't show in System Profiler, the screensaver function now works. I still don't have native resolution, only 1024x768@32, but I'm moving forward and it's usable.

Sleep also works, but I could use some help getting the backlight control to work so it shuts off when the system sleeps.

I don't think my Broadcom wireless mini-card is ever going to work, so I've ordered a refurb'd MX846 (originally for a 1505) that is reported to be recognized as an Airport card right out of the box.

Anyone else out there working on a Dell Inspiron 1764?

I've managed to get a
Dell INSPIRON 1764 : INTEL I3-330M(2.13GHZ) M
to OSX 7.1 Lion from fresh install of Retail SL as described in the wonderful tonymacx86 install guide. :D

What works:
Sound
Touchpad
Network socket
USB Bluetooth dongle (part no NLBT-ED1) hooked up to Apple BT Keyboard and Magic Trackpad (32 bit)

What does not work:
onboard WiFi
onboard Bluetooth
INTEGRATED 1.3 MEGA PIXEL camera

Screen resolution is only 1024x768
Have got xCode 4.01 running ok after re-installing iTunes for the iPhone module

Funnily enough that the Bluetooth dongle actually sees the internal Dell 365 card when pairing devices. Would be nice to get that going.

I am expecting a WiFi dongle in the post so hope to get that online soon.

I don't think it is running in 64bit but how can I check?

But my main aim now is to get better resolution and maybe the HDMI working ion the graphics card.
So does anyone out there know what I can do to get the Graphics card more usable
its 1GB ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 5450 :crazy:

twhitex said:
@zdestiny: It has been reported that using System Utilities causes MultiBeast 3.9.0 to fail, but that you can just do the install with System Utilities unchecked, then manually repair permissions.

I make Time Machine backups as I'm going along so I can restore if it gets fubar'd. I've done this several times without any problem. Then I followed this guide:

trying to fix my non-booting HDD issue (it didn't). Now when I use iBoot to boot the Retail SL DVD, I get this (see attachment) so I can't restore my backup. I don't understand it, because the iBoot CD and Retail DVD haven't changed and neither has the hardware. I even replaced the HDD with another (working) HDD and still get the same error.

This is the same thing that happened to me, did install with iBoot, did 6.8 update ran MultiBeast 3.9.0, I rebooted and got the same issue, the good thing is that I was able boot up with iBoot and run Carbon copy to reinstall my back up

twhitex said:
@zdestiny: It has been reported that using System Utilities causes MultiBeast 3.9.0 to fail, but that you can just do the install with System Utilities unchecked, then manually repair permissions.

Same thing happened to me, I did install using iBoot, did apple 6.8 multi update, ran multi Beast, rebooted and I got the same results as you

Hi,

I some how manage to install SL on Dell XPS M1530 using iBoot.

Luckily everything worked out of the box,
  • Audio[/*:m:2v1b4e4g]
  • WiFi[/*:m:2v1b4e4g]
  • Keyboard[/*:m:2v1b4e4g]
  • Mouse[/*:m:2v1b4e4g]
  • Display[/*:m:2v1b4e4g]

Later I upgraded to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3 rebooted using iBoot still no problem everything looks great.

Now I ran MultiBeast 3.9.0 with EasyBeast & System Utility.
After this, PC boots fines but
No Audio
No Keyboard, TrackPad

Everything is back to normal if I boot using iBoot CD. So I am sure the problem lies with the Chameleon or something ... can somebody suggest a good solution :)

Finally got it to work By using this guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwmkU5wPi5g

Everything works, the only thing i did deferent from the guide was that i did not format my drive so everything i had was left untouched

I have now got the unbuilt Bluetooth and wifi working in the 1764

Items not working

Web cam, now found out it's made by Sonix.
Screen resolution still stuck at 1024x768x32

Anyone had success it getting better resolution on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 ?

I've been out of the loop for a bit; so I'm sorry if this is an obvious question.

Why does this version not have the NVEnabler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back