Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Tonymacx86

I am having a problem with Multibeast 3.4
Currently i have a Gigabyte P55A-UD6 with a Geforce 9500
Everything is working well on SL 10.6.7
Recently I upgraded the graphics card to an ATi Radeon HD 5770
So i ran Multibeast 3.4 choosing the Chameleon v2 RC5 r748 (ATi Experimental)
All works well only if i reboot the system (multiple times). However when I shutdown and boot up again, the boot loader defaults back to Chameleon v2 RC5 r699.
Why is this happening??? Do i need to do a fresh install and choose ATi Experimental to start off with ???? I used to update the boot file manually in terminal but i cannot find the boot, boot0..etc files for your stuff....

cheers... Billy

Re: Multibeast 3.4 - Bootloader Issue

I am running a gigabyte p55a-ud6 with bios f9 and ATI Radeon HD 5770
Using a core i7-860 with a Cosair F120 SSD
I have the a WD 2T Scorpio Black running Win 7 Ultimate which i don't have hooked on all the time
I have downloaded the accompanying DSDT from tonymacx86 for the motherboard

The only time i can get a consistent boot with ATi Experimental bootloader (v2 rc5 r748) is through the iBoot 3.4 cd. As for the hard disk somehow or other a shutdown followed by a restart always defaults the internal drive back to the v2 rc5 r699 which is not compatible with the HD5770 :banghead:

cheers

PS.. sorry i post this as a new topic :oops:

Ok...other topic deleted and again...PLEASE UPDATE YOUR PROFILE!

There's no iBoot 3.4. iBoot is version 2.7 but Multibeast is version 3.4
Afaik iBoot use the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699 bootloader and iBoot-Legacy use the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r709 by valv with experimental Sandy Bridge support. My 1st tought was that you've installed chameleon onto another drive, therefore my question above.

I suggest to read my Guide (link in my sig) for further assistance. Read the entry called ATI Issues

I tried looking at my profile and could not find the place where i can update it with my hardware list??? Sorry about that....

Multibeast 3.4 has Chameleon RC5 Pre-release (2.0 rc5 r699) and Chameleon RC5 Ati Experimental (2.0 rc5 r748). I have checked it myself. Not too concerned with the sandy-bridge one.

Anyway I found out it was my Cosiar SSD that was causing the issue... I have replaced it with a OCZ Vertex Series II and now i can the ATI Experimental boot loader and everything is working fine and stable on my HD 5770 in 64bit :lol:

Thanks btw for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back