Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 3.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burninator said:
I'd strongly recommend against installing the new ATI kexts, especially for anyone who is a gamer, at least until we figure out why games are having troubles with them.

Most games are refusing to launch with the new kexts, I have reverted to the original kexts.

Thanks Burninator for the warning- obviously this is all experimental at this point. :thumbup:

Working nicely for me at the moment, admittedly single monitor and just normal desktop use...
Code:
Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 5000
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x68b8
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  Displays:
HP LP2275w:
  Resolution:	1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported
Display Connector:
Display Connector:
Display Connector:

I'm going to download some games and do a test or two...

Edit: DVD Player crashes on start up, as kind-of expected...

What's the advantage of these drivers? My system runs great with Kably's bootloader and graphics enabler=yes

Is there an advantage to graphics enabler=no? Will using these drivers allow me to use a normal bootloader?

CrispyXUK said:
What's the advantage of these drivers? My system runs great with Kably's bootloader and graphics enabler=yes

Is there an advantage to graphics enabler=no? Will using these drivers allow me to use a normal bootloader?

The drivers would let you use a normal bootloader, yes, but you'd be unable to play games or watch DVDs. I'd stay with what you have for now.

freejack said:
Just ran it and installed the native ati drivers. When I reboot the apple logo and spinner appears for awhile and then disappears. Now I'm stuck on a blank gray screen. Doesn't seem like the drivers are working properly. How do I rollback to the previous drivers?

I copied the 23 files to the extensions folder. What should I run in multibeast now?

Actually I have no idea what I'm doing. Really need some assistance getting the original drivers back. I have a feeling the native drivers aren't working with my card.

Thanks!

Not sur if it's the same (as I'm a newbie at all this), but read somewhere the grey screen can often be cured by shutting your laptop and let it sit for 15 or so minutes until you get the blinking power light, i.e. gone to sleep mode. Then, when you open it up it should come back to life if it's worked.

No experience of this myself, but just thought I'd pass some info on....

thank you so so much!

Are the old kexts needed if you still use GraphicsEnabler=Yes? I deleted them by accident!

thanks, good job :clap:

i installed with multibeast .Everything is working just fine on ga ep45 ds3r,gt 220 nvidia.Only one thing is bothering me.When I install programs or when I run programs like Cubase or Logic my dock magnification goes little bit slower .Did I miss something during instalation?

Burninator said:
I'd strongly recommend against installing the new ATI kexts, especially for anyone who is a gamer, at least until we figure out why games are having troubles with them.

Most games are refusing to launch with the new kexts, I have reverted to the original kexts.

how do you revert back? My fresh install doesnt boot up now that I just did a check all on the vid graphic install in multibeast. (noob) :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back