Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MultiBeast 1.1.0

2. Reboot using iBoot- then install the 10.6.2 IOUSBFamily.kext from MultiBeast. Plus System Utilities. Then reboot. Joy?

Thanks for the reply. I want to make sure I get this right -- the problem is I can't boot from iBoot because then I have no USB/keyboard/mouse. So I guess I don't follow.

Hmm dunno if it is like this but after fix mentioned above all aditional Hard Drives are shown on the pulpit and are mountable/unmountable. How to make them pernamently "docked"?

hellow tony and everyone.

i wondering how to work ud2 sound in this version?

i used this version and than.....

sounds gone.

so, i changed dsdt and kext files.

but doesn`t work.

well, i want to find out in this forum, but still don`t have an answer.

You should put your hardware in your profile so we know what you are running. What system version are you trying to get sound working with?

When I first started working on my hackintosh, before the dawn of multibeast...there were different DSDT edits for the core i7 vs the core i5 on a UD2 motherboard.

Now Gigabeast lets you select the UD2 but I dont see a variant for the Core i7 vs the Core i5.

Is there anything we Core i7 owners should be doing?

Lerxst said:
When I first started working on my hackintosh, before the dawn of multibeast...there were different DSDT edits for the core i7 vs the core i5 on a UD2 motherboard.

Now Gigabeast lets you select the UD2 but I dont see a variant for the Core i7 vs the Core i5.

Is there anything we Core i7 owners should be doing?
That was in the days before native speed-step used, so stuff for specific processor was added to DSDT. Only reason for that now would be if you wanted to do more than minimal OC'ing.

[IGNORE: reposted elsewhere, thanks.]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Humph! Thanks so much! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Man that was exactly the question (DSDT i5 / i7 speedstep - Multibeast) that held me back from updating my system. Its been rocksteady ever since I set it up. I do a lot of video an audio editing (cubase 5) on the machine and I was afraid that the audio would not work, but before 10.6.4 is out I think I will give it a shot. Need to backup first though...

cheers anyway!

qd

Quad said:
.. afraid that the audio would not work, ...
Hi QD,

If you mean, updating to 10.6.3, sometime before 10.6.4 out, then note that your audio won't work, if you are relying on AppleHDA (+ LegacyHDA, DSDT/HDAEnabler) until/unless you re-install the AppleHDA from 10.6.2.

Reinstall AppleHDA10.6.2 is there as an optional install on Multibeast though, so easy to do. So audio can work on .6.3, but just does not work automatically.

(Above does not apply if you use VoodooHDA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back