Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Hello, all

I have just purchased a cheap 5.1 USB external sound card (C-Media CM6206) and I could hear the 6 channels in the audio midi test. While I try to "upmix" stereo sound to all 5.1 channels by creating a "multi-output device", the number of channels of the USB external sound card is shown as "2 channels" and only the front L/R show sound. Any advices on how to "upmix" or the "multi-output device" need additional setting?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

Thanks for the help, Toleda.

The screenshot under the USB sound card, and I have only 4 speakers and 1 subwoofer. The subwoofer is connected by splitting the front L/R, one connected normally to front L/R and another split to the subwoofer. The test tone seems normal with sound coming out from clicking the speakers in the diagram. And rear L/R has sound if playing 5.1 source video.

upload_2018-7-12_21-14-23.png

upload_2018-7-12_21-14-43.png

Originally, I guess I can use the "speaker fill" by creating a "multi-output device" with the "USB Sound Device", but no sound coming out by playing music/movie, both using itunes or VLC, the player just doesn't play (nothing happen even if click play, no move on the "play" bar) if selecting the "multi-output device". However, I can hear the test tone by clicking the speaker, but only the front L/R have sound, nothing from the rear L/R. While test tone is ok, the player is paused immediately if play music/movie.

upload_2018-7-12_21-20-4.png

upload_2018-7-12_21-28-58.png

Thanks for your help.

thanks. that means unless separate driver available, no "speaker fill" would be available, right?

Originallly, i am thinking as long as I can "see" the CM6206 as 6-channel as shown in the first picture above, I can "use" all 6-channel" in the multi-output.

thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back