Motherboard
Asus B250 Prime Plus
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1050TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I've installed successfully Zotac Nvidia GTX 1050TI (3 ports HDMI, DVI, DP) in my configuration (with SMBIOS configured as iMac 17.1).
Since yesterday I had only one monitor and it worked very well.
Today I added a second monitor and linked to the video card with DP cable, but both monitors ( dell U2414Hb and dell U2515H) show black screen.
After several tests, I discovered that:
- a) if I start macOS with only DP -> black screen
- b) if I start with HDMI and DP unplugged as soon as HDMI monitor appears (just in clover screen) if I plug DP port also second monitor start working and everything's great
- c) If i plug second monitor with a DVI-HDMI cable scenario is the same of a)

The problem seems to be that the video card set an higher priority for DP, but MacOS doesn't want to know.

Some of you have experience about this problem?

Certainly I can reiterate b) everytime, but I prefer solving problem.

Hope you are a support for me!

Thanks

Yeah I've been having the same problem with my 1070 for a while now, and have yet to find a solution. I've been using your b) scenario as my answer for now.

My setup is my main monitor using displayport and my secondary using DVI. I have to unplug all but the DP monitor and then it will boot with no black screen.

So no solutions at the moment?

So no solutions at the moment?
Not really a solution but saves the pins on the cable connectors. I have a 2 way HDMI switch. I plug the common output to my GPU on a short HDMI cable, and connect one of the switchable outputs to my second display. I leave the second switch port unconnected. Before a reboot, i switch to the empty port in order to get my MSI motherboard's firmware to output on my main display (UEFI/GOP). It sits behind the pc chassis so its kind of out of the way yet easy to press.

-font-b-HDMI-b-font-Bi-Directional-font-b-Switch-b-font-Splitter-2-Ports.jpg

Not really a solution but saves the pins on the cable connectors. I have a 2 way HDMI switch. I plug the common output to my GPU on a short HDMI cable, and connect one of the switchable outputs to my second display. I leave the second switch port unconnected. Before a reboot, i switch to the empty port in order to get my MSI motherboard's firmware to output on my main display (UEFI/GOP). It sits behind the pc chassis so its kind of out of the way yet easy to press.

Yes at the moment I'm thinking of getting something like this for quickly plug and unplug :
4127g5cYoQL.jpg

You think it's all right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back