Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hi,
I got a fresh Sierra 10.12.6 installation --> everything is working perfectly with a single monitor. No boot problems, no sleep/wakeup problems. Recently I added another monitor and now I am experiencing problems.

Sometimes it gets stuck during boot the moment it should active that graphics driver and turn on the second screen.
Sometimes it gets stuck when waking it (after leaving it for awhile and the monitors have turned off)

Hardware
Mainboard: Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG279 x2 connected via Displayport

I used Mulitbeast 9.2.1 and this config:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Universal > VoodooHDA v2.8.9
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
I installed NVIDIA Web Drivers 378.05.05.25f01 (latest version) and used the first part of the solution to problem 6
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
to make the web driver stick.

Thank you for your help!

Hi,
I got a fresh Sierra 10.12.6 installation --> everything is working perfectly with a single monitor. No boot problems, no sleep/wakeup problems. Recently I added another monitor and now I am experiencing problems.

Sometimes it gets stuck during boot the moment it should active that graphics driver and turn on the second screen.
Sometimes it gets stuck when waking it (after leaving it for awhile and the monitors have turned off)

Hardware
Mainboard: Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080
Monitor: ASUS ROG PG279 x2 connected via Displayport

I used Mulitbeast 9.2.1 and this config:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Universal > VoodooHDA v2.8.9
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759
Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0
Bootloaders > Clover v2.4k r4173 UEFI Boot Mode
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
I installed NVIDIA Web Drivers 378.05.05.25f01 (latest version) and used the first part of the solution to problem 6
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/
to make the web driver stick.

Thank you for your help!

I am having the same issue- One monitor in the hdmi or dvi and all work well. After boot I can plug in the second monitor and it works fine also.
Z170 asus with a 1070.

I had one D-DVI and one HDMI connected & was having this issue. I had to enable CSM in BIOS to be able to boot with 2 monitors attached

Does someone have an idea how to solve this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back