Graphics
EVGA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Was wondering is it possible to run multiple GPU's inside a hackintosh? (In my case 2 GTX 670's) I know for example there is no support to run multiple GPU's inside a mac pro.

But can you get it to work? I'm assuming the system wouldn't recognize both but as long as you would get the performance?

I see thats what I assumed.

Thanks!

I don't think it is possible and if it was it would take a lot of Kext editing and such
Does it? I thought it would work (there are threads describing builds running multiple GPUs), just that it would be separate cards. SLI and Crossfire doesn't work.

I know for example there is no support to run multiple GPU's inside a mac pro.

Really? Could have surprised my nephew's 2008 (August dual Nehalems) Mac Pro with 2 GT120's working just fine.

Yes you can run multiple GPUs in a hackintosh. The caveat here is that if you run SLI/CrossFire in Windows, OS X doesn't see the bridge and treats the cards as 2 separate units.

Really? Could have surprised my nephew's 2008 (August dual Nehalems) Mac Pro with 2 GT120's working just fine.

Yes you can run multiple GPUs in a hackintosh. The caveat here is that if you run SLI/CrossFire in Windows, OS X doesn't see the bridge and treats the cards as 2 separate units.

So if I were to just install another GTX 670 into my spare slot it would work just fine? And I would be able to utilize the performance from both and not have it be just that the 2nd would be there to hook up another monitor?

Ok so I did more searching it turns out that you can run two cards but in Osx you don't get any extra value except having more ports that you can use but then when you boot windows you will get the extra power

Ok so I did more searching it turns out that you can run two cards but in Osx you don't get any extra value except having more ports that you can use but then when you boot windows you will get the extra power

Ahh I see that clears all this up... Was looking for more potential power to expand upon but alas more monitors isn't that important to me.

Thanks

Any update to this. I was looking forward to Mavericks because it allows for multiple GPU's. I posted something awhile back but no one responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back