Graphics
GeForce 8500 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Perhaps someone has already answered this, but i was unable to find it.
How about i split my SSD (with hackintosh Mountain Lion installed on it) into two partitions, and install windows 8.1 on the other just like i would on any other system, and then choose what to boot from via BIOS boot-from function? Is this possible, smart and/or viable solution?
I don't feel like going through all the hassle for the chimera to detect my windows partition, and thought that this could be an easy workaround.
Thoughts?

Perhaps someone has already answered this, but i was unable to find it.
How about i split my SSD (with hackintosh Mountain Lion installed on it) into two partitions, and install windows 8.1 on the other just like i would on any other system, and then choose what to boot from via BIOS boot-from function? Is this possible, smart and/or viable solution?
I don't feel like going through all the hassle for the chimera to detect my windows partition, and thought that this could be an easy workaround.
Thoughts?

Separate drives would work fine to boot and it the hotkey to select a boot device. Why do you say hassle for Chimera to recognize Win8.1 drive? Is no hassle at all if you follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Is even a guide to same HDD/SSD installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back