Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I installed the update on my P55 system via Software Update, and everything seemed fine except I lost my audio which I was able to regain using the rollback method. Sweet.

My problem is, is that now MSR Tools is saying my processor (i5 760) is running at 50% frequency? 1.8GHz instead of 3.8GHz? Cinebench and Novabench are also showing my system running at half it's OC'ed speed.

Removing the OC didn't seem to help. I searched the board for the last couple of weeks hoping to find a solution and am now genuinely stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-09-05 at 5.00.23 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-09-05 at 5.00.23 AM.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 343
Couldn't find a solution so I ended up going back to a backup copy of my system disk (10.6.7). Processor is back to 100%!

Funny thing...

Even though my backup was cloned from a working disk, when I copied it back I had to erase it's Extra folder, use iBoot to get into the system, and then had to "re-multibeast" the disk (that had previously worked). I thought that if I cloned a working disk it would automatically be bootable but it was not. Was I wrong to think this? Anyhoo, all good now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back