Contribute
Register

MSI Z97S, i5-4690k, GTX 960 - Is my PC compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97S Krait SLI Edition
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! New here, please forgive me if I'm missing details or proper thread etiquette.

I picked up an older pc and was wondering if it's compatible with Mojave:
I've read a few contradicting posts that Mojave can/can't install. Some say the GPU isn't supported, is that correct? Only after removing the GPU will it run with board graphics?

I've tried a few attempts at installing without success and wanted to reach out before I make any more needless attempts.

Thanks!

I've read a few contradicting posts that Mojave can/can't install. Some say the GPU isn't supported, is that correct? Only after removing the GPU will it run with board graphics?
At this time there are no Mojave Nvidia web drivers so the only way is to remove the graphics card and use the integrated graphics.
Alternatively you can run High Sierra and use the graphics card.

At this time there are no Mojave Nvidia web drivers so the only way is to remove the graphics card and use the integrated graphics.
Alternatively you can run High Sierra and use the graphics card.

Thanks for the reply.

That's what I read in fact but, wasn't sure that was still the case, as the posts were from 5~ months ago.

I removed the card but, am only able to get to the same point during the install. About the 2 minute mark. Then the screen goes black with some white text, for a split second and it restarts. I'm sure something isn't setup properly but, with a million settings, tracking down which one it is seems fairly hopeless.

Anyway, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back