Graphics
Intel HD4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Recently i've created a Haswell refresh build, using a MSI Z97 PC mate. I choose this board because it's in the Tonymac compatibility list. In the past I've created a Z87 gigabyte hackintosh. This was a breeze! However, this time arround it's a pain in the %^&.

I've tried the basic Unibeast/Multibeast method. This method gives a ACPI kernel panic. When I try to use clover, it sometimes boots. When it boots, the installer is very very slow and wont format my SATA drive. I'm kinda lost here, because I see success stories with the exact same board. I've disabled the 2 things for MSI boards (VT-D and CFG something ;) ). My setup:

MSI Z97 PC Mate
Corsair 2x 4gb 2133Mhz
Intel 4690k
640GB SATA drive
SONY/Nec optiarc DVD drive
standard usb 2 drive

I've followed the official tonymac guide and the official tonymac clover guide. I just cant get it to work. What do i miss here?

Make sure you are using the correct USB config.plist for your Clover USB, as that can sometimes cause troubles. I just used the standard one downloaded from this website.

Do you boot with EFI or legacy-mbr stuff?

your issues are caused by the asmedia 1063 sata controller you need ahci_3rdparty_sata kext from mbeast also know to cause still waiting for root device

Hi,I have troubles with random freezing system.
I think the problem is with usb..
Help me please,everything else works well..
Thanks.

my hack:

msi z97 pc mate
i7 4790k
hd4600
komplete audio 6
Crucial ballistik 16 gb 8x2 pc3 ddr3-14900
ssd 256
apple keyboard wireless

Read Post 4 you need the driver, also try a different Sata port for your hard drive. You might have it in a asmedia sata port. Move to different colored port or intel port.

Removed usb 3.0 universal,now it's ok!
I have troubles with random freezing system,especially when step from ableton live to internet or viceversa..I tried (re)installing ahci_3rdparty_sata kext fromMultiBeast - Yosemite 7.5.0 and change a different Sata port,but my Yosemite 10.10.1 freezing.
Maybe I should upgrade to 10.10.5?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back