MSI z97-g55 build (Success!!)

My build:

MSI z97-g55-sli mobo

NVidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb

Intel i7 4790k

16gb Kingston Hyper X Memory

Corsair H100i CPU cooler

WD 320 GB black 2.5" HDD

Tried booting with unibeast with every boot flag I can find and it just keeps rebooting. Just thought I'd start this post because is would love to get this figured out. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply, I guess its windows for now...

By the sound of things I don't think you will have to wait long. Its an awesome card. Cant imagine Apple won't want to use it given all the power efficiency and reduced temps.

Want to upgrade my 770 to it....hard to justify after only having it for about 6months though!

By the sound of things I don't think you will have to wait long. Its an awesome card. Cant imagine Apple won't want to use it given all the power efficiency and reduced temps.

Want to upgrade my 770 to it....hard to justify after only having it for about 6months though!

You know the upgrade path is always fun. Especially, if you push the machine. :)

It really is..not for my wallet though!

Yea I am looking at getting a 1440p monitor in the next couple of months and I'm worried the 770 isn't going to have the horsepower to drive the games I play at decent settings.. Will give it a while and see how I get on.

I've taken out the gtx970 and am just using the integrated graphics on my Mobo. I've tried every flag I can think of. Does anyone have any idea/troubleshooting steps? It just keeps rebooting when I type in the boot flags. Thanks!

MSI z97-g55 build (Success!!)

Just wanted to update this with a Success (mostly). Thanks to this post: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/143167-msi-9-series-motherboards-os-x-setup-configuration.html) I tweaked the 2 bios settings on my Mobo and actually got me out of the infinite reboot! It started to the loading screen but froze there.

Here are my steps:

Remove gtx970 and use onboard video.

Bios- 1. Load Optimized Defaults
2. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/CFG Lock to Disabled
3. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/VT-d to Disabled
4. Save configuration and reset

Flags- PCIRootUID=1

Once the OS was loaded, I did a DSDTFree on multibeast but it did nothing for me. I then rebooted back into to OS and did just Easybeast install. Rebooted and all my hardware was recognized, and boots on its own. Works perfectly! I then loaded the ALC892 audio and 8111 1.2.2 ethernet kext via multibeast. The ethernet kext allowed the app store to function correctly.

Right now, I have to figure out how to install my GTX 970 card (I didn't have enough time last night). I will test more but the basics work! I am using the DVI port on the mobo right now, with a home-made wifi card out of a MBP wifi card with the PCI-e adapter.

SUCCESS!!!

Updating again.....

My build:

MSI z97-g55-sli mobo

NVidia Geforce GTX 970 4gb

Intel i7 4790k

16gb Kingston Hyper X Memory

Corsair H100i CPU cooler

WD 320 GB black 2.5" HDD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just wanted to update this with a Success (mostly). Thanks to this post: (MSI 9 Series Motherboards - OS X Setup and Configuration) I tweaked the 2 bios settings on my Mobo and actually got me out of the infinite reboot! It started to the loading screen but froze there.

Here are my steps:

Remove gtx970 and use onboard video.

Bios- 1. Load Optimized Defaults
2. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/CFG Lock to Disabled
3. Set Overclocking/CPU Features/VT-d to Disabled
4. Save configuration and reset

Flags- PCIRootUID=1

Once the OS was loaded, I did a DSDTFree on multibeast but it did nothing for me. I then rebooted back into to OS and did just Easybeast install. Rebooted and all my hardware was recognized, and boots on its own. Works perfectly! I then loaded the ALC892 audio and 8111 1.2.2 ethernet kext via multibeast. The ethernet kext allowed the app store to function correctly.

Add GTX 970:

Shut down and install 970, boot with nv_disable=1

In OSX, install Latest nVidia web driver and reboot

Restart with no flags, and open the nvidia control panel in system preferences. Set it to use nvidia driver and reboot

Fully functioning graphics and system at this point. No issues yet, however I have not done a test of all ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back