ASRock Z490 phantom gaming ITX/TB3
CPU
I9 10850k
Graphics
RX 5500 XT/UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have tried to upgrade clover to 5123,5124 and 5125 but it never boots (currently still on 5122). I changed aptiomemoryfix.efi to openruntime.efi and added ocquirks.efi+ocquirks.plist to the Eli's drivers folder but when doing this I cannot boot Catalina and end up with a black screen.
I understand that some quirks need to be enabled or disabled depending on your hardware but I'm really struggling and have not succeeded to boot so far.
What are the quirks that I should enable/disable in order to boot Catalina with clover 5125 and get ready for Big Sur?
Hope someone can help, thanks!

I would suggest that you switch to OpenCore rather than use the illegitimate offspring of two boot loaders.

Had a look at opencore but it seems to be quite a daunting task and again a lot of info to grasp:(
Oh well, I hope that there will be good guides available once Big Sur is officially released

Had a look at opencore but it seems to be quite a daunting task and again a lot of info to grasp:(
Oh well, I hope that there will be good guides available once Big Sur is officially released

Go here, it's really very straightforward and a well written guide to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back