Contribute
Register

MSI Z77A-GD65: From Windows to ML in Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same question here
can this be done with just a thumb drive instead of a DVD?
Do we really need to install snow leopard and then upgrade to mountain lion, or we can go straight to 10.8?
everything works with this board?

This guide was done assuming you had no access to a Mac. If you have access, go straight to 10.8.2.

Will installing the custom bios affect windows at all? I want to dual boot windows 7 and os x so I need to know. Thanks

Will installing the custom bios affect windows at all? I want to dual boot windows 7 and os x so I need to know. Thanks

Installing the custom BIOS has absolutely no effect on Windows. Win7 or Win8 will run just as welll on either BIOS.

I have a couple of questions about this one :) I seem to not understand where to get the kext to get networking working again. It works on the first boot, but after multibeast install, it stops working and I don't know how to get it back. Everything else works so far once i figured stuff out.

I have a couple of questions about this one :) I seem to not understand where to get the kext to get networking working again. It works on the first boot, but after multibeast install, it stops working and I don't know how to get it back. Everything else works so far once i figured stuff out.

Got everything working, including a GTX 460 for games and stuff, the only problem im having is that G+ hangouts seem to not work. So I'll have to figure that out, but everything else works, including sleep and speedstep :)

Can you explain how you managed to get the ethernet working again?
I tried to install "AppleIntelE1000e.kext" from hnak , but it did not work

Got everything working, including a GTX 460 for games and stuff, the only problem im having is that G+ hangouts seem to not work. So I'll have to figure that out, but everything else works, including sleep and speedstep :)

That's a coooooooooool!!!! guide.

Hi !

Great work, I appreciate it because I went through the whole Snow Leopard to Lion, Lion to Mountain Lion process myself before doing it clean. Really great idea for the photograph-step-by-step-setup post !

The tougher the build, the greater the achievement ! :thumbup:

Congrats,
Clovel

Absolutely awesome tutorial, must have taken hours of your time...:clap:

Used this to complete my first Hackintosh build a couple of weeks ago. The only issue I ran into was after downloading ML from the app store, I was getting errors when building the unibeast thumbdrive. Had to have someone with a Macbook Pro use my account to build the install disk. After installing ML and Multibeast, everything worked fine and I was then able to download ML from my account and create the unibeast thumbdrive.

My Hardware: MSI Z77a GD65, Intel Core i7 3770k, 32 GB Ram, 1 Intel 120 GB SSD for Windows 8, 240 GB Sandisk SSD for ML install, 240 GB Sandisk SSD for Final Cut X Scratch Drive, MSI GeForce GTX 670. A couple of other Seagate 7200 RPM storage drives.

Thanks so much for posting this. I have had my system built for a while running Windows, Had not been brave enough to do the ML install until I found this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back