Contribute
Register

MSI Z77A-GD65: From Windows to ML in Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got same board and i have same restart problem after 2 sec apple logo, any solution ?

This guide is great!
I managed to install OSX and got the Audio working fine.
Only problem is that I am using the Gaming model of this same MOBO:
warning. the link has music.
http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z77A-GD65-GAMING.html

the z77a-gd65 Gaming board has a different LAN chip from the z77A-gd65 non gaming board

the chip in this guide is Intel® 82579V (which uses the hnak kext)
the chip for the LAN that I am using is E2205 Gigabit (i have no idea what kext to use)

Can someone knowledgeable about this topic point me towards the correct kext or unibeast settings to access the ethernet port with this chip?

Not having the ethernet working on a computer is like having a car with no wheels.
lol

thnx in advance guys
AFAIK, the Killer chipsets have no support in OS X. The only drivers available are for Win7 and Win8.
You need a wired/wireless PCIe card for networking with this board.

Hi people,

I have a little problem.
I have the same motherboard and have followed the instructions exactly the same.

Now I had to start at the point mountain lion from USB to install it.

I loaded it original from the AppStore and installed with multi beast on the stick.

Once I select it from the boot loader i have a black screen and after 3 seconds appears for a millisecond, the Apple logo, and then the computer restarts.

Do you have an idea of what it can be?

Thank you already.
Please follow forum rules and fill out your profile with your hardware. Impossible to help without that info.

The MSI Z77A-GD65 modded BIOS links on the Wordpress site seem to be down. Mind sending them to me? I'd be happy to host them for you with unlimited bandwidth.

The MSI Z77A-GD65 modded BIOS links on the Wordpress site seem to be down. Mind sending them to me? I'd be happy to host them for you with unlimited bandwidth.
Why not patch your own? On the Wordpress site click on the FAQ, in box to right titled Recent Post, click on Simple way to patch your own BIOS

Great guide! I followed this guide and got everything working except sleep mode. I patched my bios using ppmtool I didn't use the linked bios. I upgraded to Mavericks following the universal guide on this page and it works great. However, I would still like to fix the sleep problem. I have tried disabling pll voltage overclock in BIOS and install Hibernate desktop mode using multibeast. My problem is that when I activate sleep mode, the computer goes down to sleep (fans etc stops) but when I wake it up my usb mouse and usb keyboard doesn't work. Sometimes the screen goes black when the computer is woken.

Great guide! I followed this guide and got everything working except sleep mode. I patched my bios using ppmtool I didn't use the linked bios. I upgraded to Mavericks following the universal guide on this page and it works great. However, I would still like to fix the sleep problem. I have tried disabling pll voltage overclock in BIOS and install Hibernate desktop mode using multibeast. My problem is that when I activate sleep mode, the computer goes down to sleep (fans etc stops) but when I wake it up my usb mouse and usb keyboard doesn't work. Sometimes the screen goes black when the computer is woken.

Hi,

I have the same sleep issue :(
Did you find any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back