Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock H97M ITX AC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi all,

I've been using a hackintosh courtesy of Unibeast and Multibeast for a number of years now and I'm planning to upgrade my desktop soon. The MSI Z170A SLI PLUS caught my eye because it is fairly inexpensive and has great reviews. Has anyone tried this board or know if it's compatible? It does NOT show up on the Buyer's Guide but I am assuming that the list is not exhaustive. This motherboard has Intel I219-V LAN and a Realtek 1150 so it is fairly standard as far as hardware goes.

I am a little concerned about the config.plist and how much custom editing is needed. My last build was with an Asrock H97M ITX AC and I did not have to modify much, it was just a matter of running multibeast. I know there were a number of compatibility improvements with 10.11.4 Has things gotten much easier with 10.11.5? The official installation guide doesn't mention needing to edit the config.plist, or changing out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi etc.

My planned build:
CPU: Core i7 6700k
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS
Video: Asus GTX 970
Ram: Gskill 8GB DDR4 2400 x 2

I have a USB DAC so I do not need to get audio working and will be using Nvidia so I do not need onboard Intel graphics working either.

I might also get wireless if it's painless to get up and running and I saw some recommendations for the TP-Link T8e. Is it relatively plug and play? How does this compare to using a PCI-E adapter with an Apple Mini card?

Thanks!!

I have a MSI Z170A SLI PLUS motherboard and a i7 6700k anyone got boot flags or how to make it work???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back