1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm not quite ready for publishing my results but I'm so excited I had to say something.

My machines specifications:

macOS 10.12.6

MSI X99A SLI Plus
INTEL Core i7 5930K
32GB DDR4 2400MHz
2 x nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 cards with the new bridge (for windows gaming)
2 x 480GB SATA3 SSD Drives plus two 3TB 7200RPM drives for bulk storage
TP Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCIe wireless card

• Wireless works
  • The GeForce cards are working after a real struggle to get them running.
  • Audio is working out from the green 3.5mm jack in the back for my two channel speakers
  • Audio is working out from USB for my Logitech G930 headphones.
  • The App Store is working and I was able to update from 10.12.0 to 10.12.6 normally.
  • Going to sleep and waking up works.
  • VMWare Fusion is able to boot my Windows 10 install and after a setup the virtual machine is working.
I am so totally excited that finally I have my X99 Gaming/Personal Work machine running macOS! :D

I added a Broadcom wireless AC and Bluetooth card to my system and have bluetooth functional. However since the card is in a x16 slot it isn't activating the wireless too. I will have to buy an adapter to get to the x1 slot since it is under one of my two graphics cards in my system.

Attached is the config file for my hackintosh in case anyone has a system like mine and wants to get it up and running a little more quickly.

In addition the geek bench results for this machine.

Voila_Capture 2017-08-19_09-01-42_PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 681
I added a Broadcom wireless AC and Bluetooth card to my system and have bluetooth functional. However since the card is in a x16 slot it isn't activating the wireless too. I will have to buy an adapter to get to the x1 slot since it is under one of my two graphics cards in my system.

Attached is the config file for my hackintosh in case anyone has a system like mine and wants to get it up and running a little more quickly.

In addition the geek bench results for this machine.

View attachment 273734
Hi thats great news!. I have just ordered a MSI X99 Sli board to put my 5960x cpu in and my GTX 1070, so pretty similar system as yours, what other files or settings will I need to achieve similar results?

General:

I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ill-tridentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/ for the main bit of getting the system ready.

One note: I don't have working temperature sensors and my Logitech Web Cam is not being recognized but the machine hasn't rebooted or locked up once and I have been using it for development work for a little over a week now.

In step 5 of the Bootable USB drive creation I used the original OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi as it noted for the variate of the MSI X99 board.

iTunes Movies and TV:

To get iTunes to play movies and TV from the iTunes Store I followed this guide.

However the link for the files is ridiculous. SO you don't have to hunt for them. I have attached the file.

The steps of the video:

Copy Shiki.kext in EFI/Clover/kext/other

Terminal step 1(Nvidia)
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceNV -boolean yes

Terminal step 1(AMD/ATI)
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceATI -boolean yes

Terminal step 1(Intel)
defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA forceIntel -boolean yes

Terminal step 2
defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA
sudo rm -rf /Users/Shared/SC\ Info
sudo defaults delete com.apple.coremedia
sudo defaults delete com.apple.AppleGVA

Reboot

nVidia GTX 1080 functional:

This part was a royal pain in the butt!

What ended up sealing the deal is using the config.plist I posted in post number 2. Then using Kext Wizard to install the Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext files to the Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions directory. This was after I installed the latest nVidia web drivers. Once I had the kext files installed I selected Nvidia Web Drivers in the Nvidia section of System preferences and then rebooted the machine.

Attachments

• Shiki.kext.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 144
  • NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Lilu.kext.zip
    62 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Hey there Daisy!
Ive been trying to get my hackintosh post install working correctly!
I have the same motherboard as you the MSI X99A SLI Plus
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to upload your full EFI folder so I can see what settings and kexts you are using compared to mind.

Thank you!

Hey there Daisy!
Ive been trying to get my hackintosh post install working correctly!
I have the same motherboard as you the MSI X99A SLI Plus
I was wondering if you would be so kind as to upload your full EFI folder so I can see what settings and kexts you are using compared to mind.

Thank you!
Did u installed high sierra?

I have the exact same build. Do you mind sending me a copy of your EF
I'm not quite ready for publishing my results but I'm so excited I had to say something.

My machines specifications:

macOS 10.12.6

MSI X99A SLI Plus
INTEL Core i7 5930K
32GB DDR4 2400MHz
2 x nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 cards with the new bridge (for windows gaming)
2 x 480GB SATA3 SSD Drives plus two 3TB 7200RPM drives for bulk storage
TP Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCIe wireless card

• Wireless works
  • The GeForce cards are working after a real struggle to get them running.
  • Audio is working out from the green 3.5mm jack in the back for my two channel speakers
  • Audio is working out from USB for my Logitech G930 headphones.
  • The App Store is working and I was able to update from 10.12.0 to 10.12.6 normally.
  • Going to sleep and waking up works.
  • VMWare Fusion is able to boot my Windows 10 install and after a setup the virtual machine is working.
I am so totally excited that finally I have my X99 Gaming/Personal Work machine running macOS! :D
I have the exact same build... do you mind sending me a copy of your EFI folder and also a link to a how to guide? I'm learning how to do this, but struggling to getting things working... Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back