Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How do i set the bios up? i need help cause its not like the one in the iBoot guide! help please!

They look a tad different but they are still basically the same setting you need to change.

Boot order
Sata control to AHCI

And
Set HPET (High Precision Event Timer) active and/or to 64 - Bit

It's not that hard, read your user guide that came with the mobo to see exactly where and what these items are listed as on your board.

After then you can look at fine tuning the rest.
Check this guide out as well.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6616

The thing is I have AMI bios and for my MSI X58A-GD45 its not in the DSDT and the AHCI when i put it in ACHI mode i go to do the download i get the apple beginning screen then a minute later i get a anti sign on it, so i dont what i am doing wrong, i but my E-SATA controller on AHCI and 6gb/s Controller on ACHI and also my in my On-Chip ATA devices then in RAID mode i put it in AHCI mode and then it sets apply to all SATA ports so i dont know if thats wrong or not.

im guessing this happens after the chameleon stage, after you swap the discs and press enter, right?

try again, this time after you swap the disc, but before you press enter, type '-v' (without the ' ' of course).
then press enter.

itll show you a black screen with text running down.
when it stops writing new text, that is where the problem lays.
take a pic with a camera of the text, and upload it to here so we can see where it is getting stuck

IMG_20110702_233713.jpg
this is what i get

go into the bios and disable onboard sound for the time being, then do the same as before and see if it comes up with the same message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back