Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HI every one :D , i bought a MSI R280X Gaming edition 3G, it works fine on OS X Yosemite but only with 2 monitors, i'm wondering if some one succeeded to get it work with 3 monitors, actually i'm using the 2 mini display port and the HDMI and Dvi doesn't working at all.
Thanks for help. :thumbup:

I'm using adapter from mdp to hdmi and yes i'm using Graphics Enabler, but if i turn it to No it's the same problem.

HI every one :D , i bought a MSI R280X Gaming edition 3G, it works fine on OS X Yosemite but only with 2 monitors, i'm wondering if some one succeeded to get it work with 3 monitors, actually i'm using the 2 mini display port and the HDMI and Dvi doesn't working at all.
Thanks for help. :thumbup:

I have the Sapphire 280X card (I actually have two) and could not get 3 monitors to work. I tried for some hours and gave up, and brought a second 280X card.

If you do get it to work, please post how you do it.

Thanksm

Rob

You need an ACTIVE mDP->HDMI (or whatever your monitor supports) adapter to drive more than 2 displays. If not stated otherwise, your adapter is passive thus only allowing max. 2 displays.
+1, concur, Fl0r!an!

Here are some active mDP to HDMI adapters.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=ACTIVE+mDP+to+HDMI+adapter&N=-1&isNodeId=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

MSI R9 280X Gaming edition 3G

But the problem is not the MiniDisplayPort(i'm using it now with 2 adapter and it works) ,the DVI and the HDMI are not working :)

Yes, because you are using passive adapters.

It is *NOT* possible to drive 3 legacy displays (e.g. DVI, HDMI or passive DP) at once, one of them will stay black! And usually it'll be one of the displays on a legacy port (DVI or HDMI), not the one connected via passive DP.

EDIT: If your DVI and HDMI ports don't even work with a single screen connected to your card then you're using a wrong framebuffer. Above information about active adapters still applies though.

Thats interesting and the first I've heard about the need for an Active mDP to <whatever> adaptor as opposed to Passive mDP.

Just to be clear then, can you have two passive connectors (e.g. in my case two DVI connectors) AND one active mDP adaptor or do you need to have three Active adaptors?

I have a number of mDP adaptors for my Macbook that I've had to buy as I'm out on the road and forgotten my video adapter and so one *may* be active. I never looked for this when buying them, just went to the nearest store and got one.

I'll dig through my spares box and see what happens.

Thanks

Rob

One active DP connection is enough. Technical details can be read on Wikipedia (search "AMD Eyefinity").
Passive mDP adapters are a little cheaper, so this is what you'd normally get when you don't pay attention to the active/passive stuff. Adapters for Macs are always passive (except mDP->DualLink DVI I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back