Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all! It seems my Thunderbolt and UAD Apollo Twin are working! BUT, if the UAD is turned on when starting the computer, it will pause somewhere on the boot reboot and then boot properly into OSX. I followed instructions according to post # 337

Anyone know what the problem is please or can help me? thanks very much.

Hello friends
I have a strange problem
My pc restarts randomly (either Windows or Hackintosh or BIOS or any other completely random time)
At first, I thought that the problem was with the psu , so I replaced the power supply, and after about 2 weeks, this problem was found again.
I tested without gpu and the problem persisted
The problem is not the RAM
I just think that maybe the problem is with the motherboard or the BIOS (the problem is not solved by updating the BIOS)
Graphics and CPU temperature are normal
Do you have an opinion?

mb:msi z690 a pro wifi ddr4
ram : 16x2 3200
vga:3070ti
psu: 1200w

Hello. Check the possible contact between backplate and RJ45 on mobo.

Hello. Check the possible contact between backplate and RJ45 on mobo.
No, I don't have an RJ45 connection, but maybe I misplaced one of the USBs when installing the back panel.
I removed one of my RAMs and it hasn't restarted for about 2 hours now (when these random restarts start, they increase very quickly and in less than 1 day they reach a point where it restarts after a few seconds of turning on the computer
Maybe the problem is with one of the RAMs (of course, I did many tests on the RAMs and there was no problem), but now by removing a RAM, everything seems to be calmer.
But honestly, I don't want to believe that RAM G.SKILL TRIDENT Z has a problem

No, I don't have an RJ45 connection
There may be illegal connection between backplate and RJ45 contacts on mobo (i got this).
Try to remove backplate temporary and check restarts.

There may be illegal connection between backplate and RJ45 contacts on mobo (i got this).
Try to remove backplate temporary and check restarts.

Thank you, I will definitely look into this because recently I felt that the body of the case had some electricity, but I thought it was normal and I had not thought about it at all.

I searched a bit and MSI motherboards have problems with the XMP profile and this could be a motherboard BIOS bug (the BIOS is very weak and buggy).

Honestly, years ago when Enforce was making AMD motherboard chipsets, I had the worst experience of my life with MSI motherboards, and now I'm cursing myself for going back to MSI motherboards :))

Since I removed a RAM yesterday, the PC is working fine and is rendering non-stop, but I am very pessimistic about its performance. Anyway, thank you for pointing out this problem. This issue can cause other failures, I will check and let you know the result,

And sorry for my broken English.

Hello friends
I have a strange problem
My pc restarts randomly (either Windows or Hackintosh or BIOS or any other completely random time)
At first, I thought that the problem was with the psu , so I replaced the power supply, and after about 2 weeks, this problem was found again.
I tested without gpu and the problem persisted
The problem is not the RAM
I just think that maybe the problem is with the motherboard or the BIOS (the problem is not solved by updating the BIOS)
Graphics and CPU temperature are normal
Do you have an opinion?

Turn off XMP when I started Hackntoshing I had an issue with my computer randomly rebooting. I replaced motherboards, CPU's, Cases, PSU, GPU, Memory, I ended up with two systems in the end. I had @pastrychef PM trying to help we did like a billion things.... End result was turn off XMP.

The fact is that these problems are so strange that everything from the CPU to the connection of the body can be the cause of the failure.

Yes, I turn off XMP even in Windows. It's a very annoying bug and MSI doesn't do anything about it. I can't even use 2 RAMs with the same timing from 2 brands because the motherboard won't boot. In any case, deactivating XMP is a temporary interruption and causes problems over time, and separating from it, the speed of timenik is very different even in 3200 and 2100. I'm thinking of flashing the BIOS to a much older version as there were no problems back then.

My Hachintosh (MSI 660 motherboard-12600 CPU) have the 4 RAM slots filled with 16GB sticks for a total of 64GB. Works perfect with XMP not enabled. If I enable XMP, I have random rebooting or errors. If I use only two memory sticks, I can use XMP without problems. So no XMP for me. I loose some potential memory bandwidth (a few points in Geekbench) but the hack is rock solid every day.

In any case, deactivating XMP is a temporary interruption and causes problems over time, and separating from it, the speed of timenik is very different even in 3200 and 2100.
You may want to rewrite this part as it does not make a lot of sense so it is hard to respond to it.

Back