Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hope you're nice and booted. Check the USB Section of Post 1 and edit the USB Map accordingly when you're rolling.
Finally done installation, thanks NorthAmTransAm, the 1st one efi used USBInjectAll.kext cause can't boot failure at installation?

Could you share the efi that worked for you ?
I'm trying to install b ut gets stuck mid way

Finally done installation, thanks NorthAmTransAm, the 1st one efi used USBInjectAll.kext cause can't boot failure at installation?
Yeah there's two problems I saw.

1. USBInjectall and my own USBMap were on
  2. XHCIPortLimit was on (the board doesn't like that)

Could you share the efi that worked for you ?
I'm trying to install b ut gets stuck mid way

Sure, fyi the EFI,
from your latest provide EFI I changed the MISC - Scan Policy changed the value to 0, bc if no change can't see the Mac installer.
it is posible to disable the E-core from EFI? my BIOS is latest version can't change anymore. bc I can see some time it will when open app stack & delay 3 sec , but at the same time I open another run smooth.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 11.13.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-10 at 11.13.08 AM.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 17
Sure, fyi the EFI,
from your latest provide EFI I changed the MISC - Scan Policy changed the value to 0, bc if no change can't see the Mac installer.
it is posible to disable the E-core from EFI? my BIOS is latest version can't change anymore. bc I can see some time it will when open app stack & delay 3 sec , but at the same time I open another run smooth.

Not that I know of from the EFI, @etorix? You can from BIOS of course. I'm sticking with them until a better solution comes up. I'm convinced my second link below has something for us.

Check out my post about different scenarios here.

Last edited:
Right. Well without seeing the actual EFI it's very hard to determine what is actually wrong with the build.
However I can provide some pointers:

1) If you are using OC 0.7.8 I'd suggest to also update Lilu, AppleALC, VirtualSMC & Whatevergreen to the latest versions. Include SMCProcessor and SMCSuperIO. Make sure the OC 0.7.8 Opencore.efi and Bootx64.efi files are also updated.

2) Make sure the Device Properties for the IGPU is this:

View attachment 545659

and AMD RX6600 device property is this:

View attachment 545660

3) Make sure the Kernel settings are these (I'm using UTBMap & USBToolbox here, but USBMap or USBPorts can work too):

View attachment 545661

4) Disable XHCIPortLimit and enable a custom USBMap or USBPorts kext (if you have one). If you don't have one use USBInjectAll but leave XHCIPortLimit off.

5) Use the following SSDTs in the ACPI:

View attachment 545658
This mean that UHD 770 is supported without graphic card?

Back