Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Changed CPU from i7-12700KF to i7-12700K hoping that would help. Nope. Same result.

How do you figure? I've made suggestions, and provided everything asked of me as well as carried out provided instructions to seek a resolution. As for your comment about providing a screenshot at the point of failure, you would no that it's not possible if you had read post #745. If you know how to capture a log text of the verbose output, I'll gladly post it.
if you can't be bothered to upload your problem reporting files then there is not much we can do to help you

if you can't be bothered to upload your problem reporting files then there is not much we can do to help you
What is a problem reporting file? How do I access it? I see no reference for it in the OpenCore manual.

Changed CPU from i7-12700KF to i7-12700K hoping that would help. Nope. Same result.
Maybe my EFI will be suitable for you.
Don't forget to insert your Serial and (possible) change processor type in config.
I'm on 1.92 BIOS on the same mobo:
1672974752998.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 43
oh we had a party over here without me

Maybe my EFI will be suitable for you.
Don't forget to insert your Serial and (possible) change processor type in config.
I'm on 1.92 BIOS on the same mobo:
View attachment 561262
Talk to me about changing processor type? Can you break yours by changing to whats in my EFI?

Thanks for taking the time to help, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I didn't see that BIOS on MSI website. Are you using the motherboard with WIFI? Is it a custom BIOS? Say, would you happen to know what a problem reporting file is?

Thanks for taking the time to help, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I didn't see that BIOS on MSI website. Are you using the motherboard with WIFI? Is it a custom BIOS? Say, would you happen to know what a problem reporting file is?
PR files can be a bit general. How about putting together a singular post with your EFI, things we've tried, things that help, things that hurt, and some photos of the verbose output where it breaks.

Also lets all give a moment of silence to @RehabMan. I'm sure he's still fine, but boy do I miss his "no pr files" message.

Back